AgStar is seeking a Chief Information Officer (CIO) to direct and oversee all aspects of our Information Technology and Project Management functions, including IT operations, infrastructure, application development, quality business solutions, and project management. The incumbent will develop and implement strategies which improve client service and improve overall productivity through the use of technology. The incumbent will manage technology issues, company relations and alliances, communications issues, and consultant resources, as each pertains to the overall technology plan. The incumbent will be responsible for all enterprise-wide IT activities including; planning, staffing, budgeting, and managing expense priorities. The incumbent will provide vision and leadership in the ongoing assessment, implementation and operation of leading edge technology tools which promote productivity and efficiency, with the ultimate goal of anticipating the needs of AgStar’s clients and team members.
Required Knowledge and Experience
AgStar is a $6B value added financial services cooperative, dedicated to agriculture and rural America. For over 95 years, AgStar has served 69 counties in Minnesota and northwest Wisconsin as part of the Farm Credit System. Our goal is to provide high quality financial products and services based on sound business practices for agricultural and rural clients. We also serve as advocates and advisors, helping our clients take advantage of growth, opportunity and profit. We value excellence and recognize and reward our outstanding team members. AgStar has been recognized and named one of the Top Workplaces of Minnesota. Top Workplaces recognizes the most progressive companies in MN based on employee opinions about company leadership, communication, career opportunities, workplace environment, managerial skills, pay and benefits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field. MBA Preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of related experience, with at least 10 years of significant leadership experience managing a multi-faceted, customer focused team who strategically identifies and leverages technology.
- Broad experience in vendor and contract negotiating for information technology and services.
- Experience in planning, budgeting and cost control in an information services organization
- Advanced interpersonal, leadership, planning, delegation, problem solving, business planning, project management and negotiation skills are required.
- Expert knowledge of the technology industry, emerging technology and trends is required. Incumbent must possess broad, solid knowledge of development platforms, languages, and IT technologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers required.
- Incumbent must possess a demonstrated ability to interact professionally and influence diverse groups, including AgStar executives, business units, IT and project management team members.
- Ability to take charge in high-priority crisis situations.
- Active membership in technology forums and professional groups is desired.
We offer great benefits, including:
• Competitive base salary
• Incentive opportunity
• Health Insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
• 401k with 9% company match
• Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
• Educational assistance
• Training and development programs
Qualified candidates please apply on-line at
AgStar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Farm Credit Network - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Our Mission: Enhancing Life in Agriculture and Rural America
At AgStar, we’re passionate about enhancing life in agriculture and...