Datalink, a publicly-held company focused on providing data center solutions to companies throughout the U.S., is currently searching for a Chief Information Officer our Eden Prairie, MN location.
The CIO must possess a good blend of operational (tactical) and strategic capabilities.
The ideal candidate has a proven record of driving significant business outcomes through the optimization of people, process, and technology. Specifically, this person will be asked to create an improved IT strategy for a growing IT business/he will need to be a hands-on, flexible and change-oriented executive with significant professional maturity and a passion for customer service. He/ She must have a record of identifying and implementing IT best practices.
Given the company’s growth, this individual will need to be comfortable with and have experience in working across organizational, cultural and geographic boundaries to drive change that satisfies the business.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS REQUIRED:
Strategic Business Partner
- Using Technology to drive Business Strategy
- Aligning Technology Strategy to Business Strategy
- Process & Business savy
- Sets and achieves ambitious targets for her/his area of responsibility
- Able to translate strategy into practical action
- Create efficiencies, standardizing business processes, integrating new business effectively and building a flexible SYSTEM approach which allows changes to easily be made when the market, technology, business strategy requires it.
Leading / Team Builder / Change Agent
- Communicates a vision that gives direct reports direction and focuses their efforts.
- Brings a strong change management experience which demonstrates the ability to take a holistic viewpoint i.e. people, process and technology.
- Delegates/gives significant responsibilities to team members and holds them accountable.
- Actively attends to morale and culture.
- Relationships Builder
- Articulate leader who exhibits strong communication skills accompanied by the ability to influence both directly and indirectly and build consensus throughout the business.
- Builds strong rapport and credibility with key stakeholders.
- Partner with executive leadership and key stakeholders to ensure IT is being leveraged to support the significant growth of Datalink.
- Align the IT investment with the needs of the business. Lead the IT planning, prioritization and budgeting process, ensuring sound business cases.
Datalink - 19 months ago