We have an excellent job opportunity for an experienced CIO at the Federal Home Loan Bank of Indianapolis reporting directly to the EVP, Chief Operating Officer-Chief Financial Officer. This position will oversee all operational activities of the IT department.
· Formulates the long-term direction of IT based on business needs with input from the strategic and tactical plans, senior management, end user client base and IT staff. Coordinates the establishment of IT goals and initiatives.
· Manages operational planning, including business requirements, project planning and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources across all IT disciplines and departments.
· Develops and reviews budgets for IT department business units and ensures compliance with goals, guidelines, and objectives.
· Reviews performance of IT systems to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements.
· Directs research on technology solutions and implementations to support new initiatives, opportunities, and procurement efforts.
· Coordinates risk management activities with Corporate Risk Management and the IT department managers.
· Oversees IT and Bank security programs related to monitoring, evaluating, and maintaining systems designed to protect the data systems and databases. Coordinates compliance activities related to security and SOX compliance.
· Oversees development and testing of the business continuity plan and disaster recovery plan for information systems.
Demonstrated competencies in:
· Budgets/Cost Control
· Negotiation Skills
· Organization Savvy
· Project Management
· Managing for results
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
· BS in computer technology or business administration preferred, or a minimum of 6 to 10 years’ experience in information technology.
· Six to 10 years’ experience in various aspects of information technology.
· Experience in finance, financial applications, or other business experience outside information technology.
· Knowledge of new information technology trends, languages, techniques, and methodologies. Strong advocate for change with emerging technologies and trends.
· Effective problem-solving, analytical, and time management skills.
· Strong organization, customer service, and communication skills.
Federal Home Loan Bank of Indianapolis (the Bank) provides funds to its members. All federally-insured depository institutions, community...