Provide strategic vision and leadership for developing and implementing information technology initiatives. Direct the planning and implementation of enterprise IT systems in support of business operations in order to improve cost effectiveness, service quality and business development. Serve as the primary communications link between management of the business lines and the technology organization in matters related to system design and performance. Responsible for all aspects of the Company’s information technology, telecommunications, and other related systems. Globally manages the Company’s information, including supervision of the Information Services Department, Operations, Loan Services, and Credit Administration.
1. Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
2. Develop and maintain an appropriate IT structure that supports the needs of the business.
3. Establish IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
4. Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and potential in-house development.
5. Assess and communicate risks associated with IT investments.
6. Develop, track, and control the information technology annual operating and capital budgets.
7. Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
8. Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
9. Assess and make recommendations on the improvement or re-engineering of the IT organization.
10. Direct integration of acquired organizations and technology assets.
11. Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
12. Chair the Data Processing Steering Committee, coordinating the approval, prioritization, and control of projects as they related to the selection, acquisition, development and installation of major information systems.
13. Review hardware and software acquisitions and maintenance contracts and pursue master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale.
14. Define and communicate corporate plans, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and operating IT systems.
15. Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance.
16. Ensure IT system operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations using in-depth knowledge of applicable standards such as COBIT, FFIEC, and PCI.
17. Responsible for the Company’s IS policies and for ensuring that personally identifiable information is safeguarded.
18. Establish lines of control for current and proposed information systems.
19. Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, particularly as it pertains to the financial services sector, including current technologies and prices. Advise, counsel, and educate executive management on their competitive or financial impact.
20. Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external parties, including government, vendors, and partners.
21. Assist with Company acquisition due diligence.
22. Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organization of all IT staff in accordance with Company budgetary objectives and HR policies.
23. Supervise the operations functions of the Company, including but not limited to operations, loan services, and credit administration.
24. Complete any assigned compliance training.
25. Perform all other duties as may be required or assigned
Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, information systems, engineering, or related field is required; advanced degree in a related field is preferred. Certification in Project Management (PMP) is preferred.
An individual in this position should have a minimum 10 years related and progressive experience, with 5 years in a senior level position.
1. General knowledge of banking and bank operations; previous experience working in financial services is preferred.
2. Experience in strategic planning and execution and considerable knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations is required.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of design and implementation of complex systems, including web based or client/server systems, information security systems, database design and operations (including data warehousing and reporting), LAN/WAN architecture, business continuity and disaster recovery operations.
4. Must have substantial exposure to data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, application integration, and outsourced systems including but not limited to, mainframe operating systems.
5. Needs an in-depth understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
6. Proven experience in IT planning, organization, development, and problem solving.
7. Excellent understanding of project management details, with a successful project management background.
8. Extensive experience with technology vendor management and contract negotiations.
9. In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they pertain to IT.
In-depth knowledge of applicable security frameworks.
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills
2. Excellent interpersonal skills
3. Strong negotiating skills
4. Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
5. Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
6. Keen attention to detail
7. Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
8. Exceptional service orientation
9. Excellent organizational skills
10. Ability to come to a quick understanding of the Company’s goals and objectives
11. Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
12. Ability to work well under pressure
13. Proven management and leadership ability
Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
This position requires the ability to stand and move about freely. This person must have the ability to lift, handle and carry some equipment and/or storage boxes. Work requires finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination to operate a computer keyboard. Work utilizes hearing and speech in order to converse clearly.
Hours are Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with overtime as needed. Travel may be required and is likely.
Southwest Bancorp Inc. - 19 months ago