Coordinated Health, a Lehigh Valley Pennsylvania-based fully integrated health care system recognized for providing high quality care in a cost-effective manner, seeks a Chief Information Officer to provide vision, direction and leadership to support the organization’s strategic objectives. Qualified candidates must possess a broad understanding of the healthcare industry and Information Technology and will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer , serving as an integral member of the executive team.
Job Responsibilities :
Job Requirements :
- Provide advice, counsel, and education to the enterprise concerning how information technology could support the organization in addressing operational improvement initiatives, new business opportunities, regulatory requirements and changes in the marketplace .
- Oversee the daily management, coordination, development, and operation of all information and telecommunications systems and services within the enterprise and its business partners.
- Work effectively with user managers to meet operational and decision making needs.
- Promote and oversee relationships between the enterprise and external entities related to information technology issues.
- Work effectively with marketing and public relations to develop, deploy and maintain an effective Internet and social media presence
- Oversee the management of all institutional information technology assets
- Coordinate the evaluation of new technologies and the impact on the enterprise’s overall business strategies .
- Negotiate contracts for information and telecommunications systems hardware, software, support, maintenance, and consulting to ensure effective/efficient resource utilization.
- Oversee all information technology vendor relationships.
- Optimize ongoing cost effectiveness and quality of the enterprise’s information technologies and telecommunications services through development and maintenance of an appropriate organizational structure.
- Develop and maintain policies, standards, and procedures related to the acquisition, implementation, and operation of information technologies a nd telecommunications including system security, business continuity and disaster planning.
- Develop and maintain policies to ensure that the organization is compliant with all applicable regulatory requirements (e.g., HIPAA privacy and security regulations ) .
- Recruit, develop, motivate, and ensure retention of information technology personnel.
- Develop subordinate managers, supervisors, and staff through training and timely professional review of work.
- Provide periodic reports to management as required on the overall performance of information technology.
- Develop, oversee, and monitor the capital and operating budgets for information technology.
Management/Technical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities · Business principles and techniques of administration, organization, and management including an in depth knowledge of the key business issues in health care.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Information Technology in positions of pro gressive responsibility , including at least four years of related management experience in a comparable healthcare environment.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Hands-on experience with Allscripts products is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with user areas to optimize information system usage.
- Experience in the acquisition, development, and implementation of clinical, financial, ancillary, and decision support health care information systems.
- Proven track record in managing long-term, complex implementation projects.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to all levels of the user community.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, prioritize and manage the information technology department’s activities.
- Demonstrated ability to translate technical language to lay audiences.
- Excellent, proven communication and facilitation skills for consensus and team building.
- Proven track record in managing departmental resources to budget.
- Operational and technical understanding of the enterprise’s hardware/network environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable external regulatory requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please send your resume in confidence along with salary requirements to Ellis J. Abramson, Director of Recruiting, WeiserMazars , LLP (Ellis.Abramson@WeiserMazars.com) . Please refer to Job ID# CH/CIO. Unfortunately we will only be able to respond to those applicants in whom our client has an interest.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Bonus -eligible
- 401(k) Plan
- Medical and Dental Benefits , including Vision and Prescription Drug coverage
- Voluntary Life Insurance and Accidental Death Insurance
- Short- and Long-term Disability
Monster - 17 months ago