Client: MedStar Health
MedStar Health is a $4 billion non-profit healthcare organization and a community-based network of nine hospitals and other healthcare services in the Baltimore/ Washington region. As the area’s largest health system, it is one of its largest employers, with more than 26,000 employees and 5,000 affiliated physicians, all of whom support MedStar Health’s patient-first philosophy that combines care, compassion and clinical excellence with an emphasis on customer service. They prove this with more than 158,000 inpatient admissions and more than one and a half million outpatient visits each year.
- Continuously assesses and enhances MedStar's information security strategy and vision, to protect the confidentiality and integrity of information, and to maintain the technical mechanisms of legitimate access to it. In doing so, he/she is responsible for the development, implementation, and administration of enterprise information security policies, procedures and programs.
- Provides direction to MedStar hospitals and businesses on security regulations.
- Directs and provides oversight for IS security programs outsourced to Dell.
- Works closely with system vendors to ensure compliance with MedStar security policies.
- Monitors regulatory compliance with the organization’s information security policies and procedures.
- Develops and monitors internal control systems to ensure compliance with HIPAA, JCAHO, PCI and other regulatory requirements.
- Works in concert with MedStar's Privacy Officer to ensure the security and confidentiality of patient information.
- 10+ years experience in information systems security management, planning and policy development in a diverse information systems environment. Experience in healthcare preferred.
B.S. or B.A. degree in information systems or related field. M.S. or M.B.A. desirable. CISSP preferred.
Silver Spring, MD or White Marsh, MD
- 2 years ago - save job