Bloom Health is seeking a passionate and experienced professional to join us as the Chief Information Security Officer. This role will be instrumental in developing and implementing a comprehensive information security and privacy program across our organization. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with the right mix of business and technology acumen to protect our highly dynamic, emerging growth organization from various business and technology risks.
Candidates should have a proven track record of design, oversight, and ongoing management of an information security program, including policies, procedures, technical systems, and workforce training in order to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data within all healthcare organization information systems.
This position is exempt and will report to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Develop and maintain a customer-focused information and security program, including policies and procedures, that support Bloom's overall objectives
- Establish and monitor metrics against information security objectives
- Ensure Bloom adherence to security and information-related contract and legal requirements
- Grow and uphold a business recovery plan to ensure timely and effective restoration of data and IT services in the event of a disaster
- Work closely with Bloom's health plan partner to deliver required contractual information security needs
- Manage all security vendor partnerships and implement all necessary incident reporting processes/tools
- Create security policies and procedures including management of security risk assessments, the information security department budget, security complaints and incident activity, and enforcement
- Lead all information security awareness training and communication to all Bloom employees, contractors, and other relevant parties to best educate our growing workforce about policies, procedures, and information risks
- Oversee and execute all information security investigations
- Remain current on security trends and related healthcare business changes
- Work collaboratively with Bloom's Chief Compliance Officer to execute the outlined responsibilities
If you have any of these skills, it's a Bonus
- Bachelor's in Information Systems, Computer Science, Health Information Management, or related area; Master's preferred
- Minimum of 8 years prior information security leadership experience as part of a cross-functional executive leadership team, developing organizational culture, strategy, and policy, preferably in a healthcare setting
- Minimum of one security certification such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM)
- Working knowledge of industry best practices and relevant federal and state privacy and security laws and regulations
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of health reform progress, interoperability preparedness, and health information exchange progression
- Proven experience, and examples of, actively communicating changing deadlines, priorities, and plans across team members while acting as positive change agent within the organization
- Strong familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective, respectful, and trusting relationships with clients, partners, consumers, and colleagues representing varying needs, personalities, and styles
- Must be dedicated to exceeding internal and external customer/consumer expectations and have an unwavering propensity to keep the end user in mind
- Tenacity to deal with ambiguity and to effectively solve problems by embracing Bloom's highly dynamic, constantly-changing environment
- Act as model of Bloom values and competencies; including 'Believing, Looking Ahead, Owning it, Opening Up, and Mastering Your Craft'
- Capable of assertively voicing opinions and ideas in the spirit of challenging and improving the organization and talent while being open and supportive of others' thoughts and feedback
- Track record of producing great results by taking smart risks and reacting to the business needs in real time
Why you should apply
- Previous work experience preferred with federal and state privacy and security laws, regulations, and accreditation standards for maintaining information security and confidentiality
- Experience working with a Mac system
Bloom makes an investment in its employees. From day one, employees are encouraged to develop their careers and Bloom supports this through hands on opportunities and enrichment activities. To get a feel for what it's like to work at Bloom, check out what its like to Work With Us .
Bloom Health is a company dedicated to helping employers and their employees find better health care, together. Using a defined contribution approach, Bloom Health helps employers determine how much to spend on health care, and then helps employees find the most suitable health insurance and health programs on which to spend their health care dollars.
Bloom Health, www.gobloomhealth.com, is in downtown Minneapolis. To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com .
Bloom Health is a technology-focused company dedicated to helping people take control of their health benefits. Using a defined...