Utilize your strong administrative skills and Medical Staff governance experience while providing leadership in optimizing Medical Staff performance and participation in quality, efficiency, and patient safety initiatives. Ensure optimization of utilization and resource management efficiencies and facilitate peer review efforts in collaboration with the Physician Advisor, Chief of Staff and Department Chair.
The Facility Chief Medical Officer (FCMO) is responsible for all quality initiatives in the facility and proactively and collaboratively promotes high quality, cost effective medical care by leading interactions with hospital medical staff, hospital administrative leadership, and other facility, and division leadership and staff. This position reports directly to the Facility CEO, indirectly to the Division CMO, and leads in concert with market and division leadership enterprise-wide quality initiatives with HCA physicians in the hospitals in the area.
The FCMO works with the Division CMO as well as the Division Quality VP on matters of quality, utilization, patient safety and clinical effectiveness.
The FCMO works closely with the Facility CEO, Facility CNO and the facility staff and is a core member of the facility leadership team.
The FCMO is responsible for clinical and quality initiatives that support the provision of consistent clinical performance and practice standards within the facility.
The FCMO reviews quality performance with the Facility CEO and the Division CMO, and identifies and facilitates quality performance and prioritization of improvement opportunities. Additionally, the FCMO provides leadership and expertise for hospital quality and clinical effectiveness in the areas of infection control, risk management, patient safety, patient satisfaction, and medical staff credentialing functions to ensure the collaboration and coordination of all stakeholders in these processes.
The FCMO works with Division CMO and the VP of Physician Services on business development activities and provides specialized focus on identifying and developing a physician leadership network in order to move the clinical agenda forward. The FCMO facilitates facility-wide medical staff integration and consults on an array of issues involving physicians.
- Licensed in Florida as an M.D. or D.O.
- Possession of requisite credentials to obtain staff appointment at facility if requested
- Board-certified physician with practice experience
- At least 5 years of clinical practice
- At least 5 years of administrative experience
- Held a leadership role in a large, (multi-)hospital system
- Successfully managed complex program design, implementation and rollout
- Driven significant clinical practice change; experienced leading quality improvement initiatives resulting in measurable performance increases
- Managed a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians and staff; Medical Staff Governance
- Co-ordinate across a range of facilities, issues, clinical areas, and programs
- Utilized, trained in or significant exposure to a major quality or performance improvement framework
- Operational experience working with clinical IT and decision-support tools, analyzing and planning business drivers and relationships to quality and clinical delivery
- MBA, MPH or MHA preferred
- Experience with M.D. GME programs and physician professional development a plus
- HCA experience a plus
HCA Inc - 2 years ago
Tampa Bay Times named Northside Hospital a 2014 Top Workplace for the second consecutive year. Caring for our patients at a consistently...