Reporting to the Sr. Vice President/Chief Operating Officer, serves as the highest-level administrative nurse at Phelps County Regional Medical Center (PCRMC). The CNO is responsible for ensuring consistency in the standard of nursing practice throughout PCRMC. As a member of the senior leadership team, supports and facilitates an interdisciplinary team approach to the delivery of care. Assumes a leadership role with the Board of Trustees, senior leadership, medical staff, management, and other clinical leaders in the system’s decision-making structure and process. Ensures the continued advancement of the nursing profession by identifying and articulating the vision and strategic direction for the nursing discipline, and collaborating on the implementation of strategies to achieve them. Oversees the development of strategies to promote staff recruitment and retention, work team productivity, and recognition of nursing excellence.
- Refer to the education section of the job summary.
- Licensure Required
- Refer to experience section of job description.
Minimum Education: A professional level of nursing principles and practices, nursing administration, general management, personnel management, strategic management, budgeting and marketing as normally acquired through completion of a Master’s Degree in Nursing, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or similar course of study.
- Responsible for planning and directing nursing departments and related departments through subordinate directors and other management staff.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate nurse staffing and clinical care in coordination with nursing department directors.
- Responsible for establishing and directing the nursing care model; reviews and evaluates administrative and clinical nursing procedures; directs and implements clinical and operational policies, procedures and standards within scope of responsibility.
- Responsible for participating in strategic planning activities to ensure delivery of comprehensive and coordinated health services.
- Responsible for directing the preparation and maintenance of nursing records, reports, and statistics in accordance with administrative and nursing policies and applicable regulations.
- Responsible for coordinating with education staff to ensure education and training needs are being met.
- Responsible for directing and participating in the development of budgets and capital outlay requests.
- Responsible for ensuring understanding, implementation and compliance with new or revised regulatory agency and industry laws, regulations and standards applicable to nursing and associated areas.
Minimum Experience: A minimum of five (5) years of progressively more responsible clinical or administrative experience in nursing; in addition at least at three (3) years experience in a middle management capacity.
Licensure: Must possess a valid Missouri license as a Registered Nurse.
Mental / Physical Requirement: Considerable mental concentration on variable projects. Standing, walking, sitting, driving, lifting, turning, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, crouching, twisting, reaching required.
Work Environment: Excellent verbal and written communication and problem solving skills required. Technical and professional skills of systems/procedure analysis, programming, and hardware capabilities required. General knowledge of computers for spreadsheets computations and word processing. Financial management and public relations skills necessary. Ability to work in a muldisciplinary setting.
Phelps County Regional Medical Center - 20 months ago