PRIMARY DUTY: Primary duties include collaboratively developing and executing marketing strategies for the University and key departments, managing daily marketing efforts and generating institutional support for marketing objectives. This position executes the marketing plan by purchasing advertising and managing marketing materials through design, photography, video, social media and the web, ensuring a consistent brand and meeting deadlines. This position defines and manages the Northwest brand and manages the marketing budgets. This position is also responsible for using research to guide strategic marketing decisions.
1. Collaboratively develop and implement marketing plans 2. Lead a team of three full-time professionals (two graphic designers and the manager of web services), a graduate assistant and several student employees while serving as a team member within the Office of University Relations
3. Work closely with all areas of campus on marketing and design needs, including but not limited to admissions, outreach, university advancement, academic departments and athletics while adhering to the institution’s brand standards
4. Write all marketing copy for admissions as well as primary and supplemental marketing copy for a variety of projects campus wide
5. Determine and place, or assist in the placement of, the University’s advertising
6. Create, or assist with the creation of, promotions, events, presentations and other activities that will give the University positive exposure
7. Oversee marketing budgets
8. Work closely with Northwest Leadership Team to define and achieve University marketing goals and objectives
9. Manage the University’s social media presence and play a role in determining web content and procedures
10. Conduct research to guide strategic marketing decisions and use tools such as Google Analytics to assess and interpret website statistics
11. Perform other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
Certification/License: Valid driver’s license
Experience: Two to four years of marketing experience
Skills: Proven ability to write effectively and creatively; proficiency in social media; detail oriented; ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment
Education: Master’s degree in marketing or related field
Experience: Five or more years of marketing experience with proven results; experience in writing for print publications; experience in web and print design
Additional Job Information:
WORKING CONDITIONS: This position will work in a typical office environment in a private office with the normal hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with an hour lunch break and the possibility of some work on nights and weekends. This position has the possibility for some occasional travel.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Three full-time professionals (two graphic designers and the manager of web services), a graduate assistant and several student employees
EQUIPMENT/MATERIALS USED: Mac computer, Adobe software, Microsoft software
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to lift 20 pounds
COMMUNITY: Northwest Missouri State University is located in Maryville, Missouri, a community of 12,000 with a diverse economy, and a strong industrial base. Maryville is located 45 miles north of St. Joseph, Missouri and 90 miles north of Kansas City, Missouri. For more information visit our website at www.maryville.org .
UNIVERSITY: Northwest Missouri State University is a traditional resident-based campus with total enrollment over 7,200 students, which includes undergraduate and graduate students. Northwest, a four-time winner of the Missouri Quality Award, is a teaching-focused institution requiring a twelve-hour teaching load per trimester. For more information visit our website at www.nwmissouri.edu .
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 28, 2013 or until position is filled
DATE AVAILABLE: April 15, 2013 or a date to be determined with the successful candidate
TO APPLY: Please fill out a Northwest application online by clicking on the APPLY button on the top of the page. You will also need to submit a cover letter, resume, and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three references in order for your application materials to be complete. Please contact the Office of Human Resources at 660-562-1127 or email email@example.com for more information.