The COO will help shepherd us through a critical growth phase, providing leadership in management and operations and related technology and infrastructure needs as we transform from a city nonprofit into a scalable social venture.
The COO will oversee the finance, human resources, and MIS departments and will:
Working with the CEO and the executive management team, the COO will also participate in developing overall strategic plans, annual goals, budgets, and organizational policies.
- help ensure strong management and quality control systems as NTFP prepares to scale
- improve systems for optimizing the CDCU / 501c3 model so strategic planning and program development is jointly developed
- cultivate talent as the most important asset of the organization
Key Measures of Success
- successfully builds capacity to scale
- has systems in place for organizational performance management
- attracts and retains a talented team that grows with the organization
- has strong fiscal management systems
- has the appropriate management information systems to be data-driven, and be a lead contributor to industry research and evaluation
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an experienced executive with strong leadership skills who is particularly well-versed in change management, guiding a growing team through a significant growth phase with a focus on building talent and a cultivating a cohesive organizational culture focused on integrity, innovation and results. The right individual will be particularly motivated by our mission of financial empowerment and our identity as a social entrepreneur.
The COO will
Reporting Relationships / Interrelationships with other functions
- be a proven leader of people and projects, a strong role model and mentor
- be a team builder and able to motivate and build consensus
- have significant experience managing a growing organization and supervising a large team
- be motivated by innovation and creativity, and eager to partner with the CEO on our growth agenda
- have a strong finance background (ideally nonprofit finance)
- have analytical capacity
- have strong written and interpersonal communications skills
- have strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- have experience with or connection to the financial inclusion or related poverty-fighting field
Required experience: 2 - 5 years
- Reports to the CEO
- Part of Executive Management Team
- Direct reports: Today this includes five staff: the MIS / Data Officer, the Fiscal Management Consultant, the Fiscal Associate, the Officer Manager, and a part-time Director of Administration. The expectation is that the COO will evaluate resource needs and restructure and/or build the team as needed.
Minimum required education: Bachelor's Degree
Job category: Accounting, Insurance & Finance;Business & Strategic Management;Production & Operations
Doostang - 16 months ago