For work performed on the Fort Berthold Reservation, QEP complies with Tribal Employment Rights Office (TERO) ordinances in regard to hiring.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote safety of personnel, protection of the environment, and prevention of damage to systems and equipment through continual promotion of safe work practices and conditions
- Plan, prioritize and direct the work of Field and Senior Operators
- Provide technical and safety training to subordinates
- Help coordinate safety and environmental training and conduct required periodic safety and environmental inspections
- Effectively communicate with coworkers, subordinates, supervisors and outside company personnel
- Monitor and report field operations status to next level of supervision
- Ensure the proper operation, maintenance and availability of all equipment and materials related to the production and transmission of oil and natural gas in the assigned area
- Work directly with QEP Energy to address gas and oil quality issues, measurement issues, and coordinating service interruptions
- Assist in the preparation of performance appraisals, capital and operating budgets
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills and related automation equipment as necessitated by area requirements
- Participate in pre-project planning (site plane, piping layout, etc) with engineering and construction
- Coordinate with construction and operations for isolation tie-ins, line cleaning, etc
- Requires frequent standing, driving a 4-wheel drive vehicle, and occasional bending, squatting, climbing, twisting, balancing and reaching. Individual will be required to work in extreme temperature conditions, both hot and cold; in and/or around moisture; on slippery and/or uneven surfaces, in confined spaces; at heights; around moving objects; irregular or extended work hours; rotating shifts; and on-call. Will be exposed to: noise; vibrations; nonionizing radiation; salt water; chemical substances; well-treating chemicals; glycol; ambitrol; methanol; solvents; gasoline; natural gas; and liquid hydrocarbons.
Requirements: Must have a minimum eight years of oil and gas (or applicable) experience or comparable education and a minimum of three years applicable experience; a valid driver's license; an acceptable driving record; undergo random drug testing subject to DOT and company requirements; regular attendance; and must ahere to all policies established by the company, including the QEP Resources Business Ethics and Compliance Policy.
Knowledge of: Company standard practices and emergency plans; safety requirements; operating, inspection and maintenance of equipment including pipeline launchers and receivers; storage tanks, separators, and filters; compressors and pumps; gas meter runs, flow meters, orifice plates, and LACT skids. A familiarity with oil field construction is helpful.
Skill in: basic arithmetic and oral and written communications.
Ability to: lift items weighing up to 75 lbs.; move items weighing up to 500 lbs. with equipment assistance; use various hand tools and hoists; hear; see objects at close range and in the distance; and distinguish colors and relationship between objects; understand and complete oral and written instructions; communicate effectively orally and in writing; receive and convey information.
QEP Resources, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Duke Energy Field Services (DEFS) is a midstream energy company that gathers, processes, transports,...