Applications considered on a first come first served basis. Open until filled.
The Building and Planning Department is seeking a part-time Chief Plumbing Inspector. This position is normally scheduled to work 20 hours per week and is responsible for a variety of routine and complex technical work in connection with the duties of enforcing all provisions of the Building Code and related codes.
Supervision Received and Exercised
Works under the general supervision of the Building Official. The Chief Plumbing Inspector may have supervisory responsibilities as assigned by the Building Official.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Review plans and permit applications for plumbing work to be done for commercial & residential use.
• Inspect new and existing plumbing work to ensure compliance with the Building Code.
• Issue verbal and written notices of code violation and citations for Building code and Village violations.
• Assist in resolving complex and sensitive customer service issues in a timely manner, either personally, by telephone or in writing.
• Present code violation cases to the Code Compliance Special Master.
• Maintain records and documents of customer service issues and resolutions.
• Research problems and complaints regarding commercial and residential plumbing work and code compliance.
• Enter inspection results on the department’s information system software on a daily basis.
• Maintain high ethical, honest and moral standards.
• Ability to get along with others and work effectively with the public and fellow workers.
• Performs any other duties as assigned by the Building Official.
• A High School Diploma or a GED equivalent.
• Certification by the State of Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
• Must hold a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
• Must meet the licensing qualifications set forth in Article II, Section 8-20 of the Building Code and have or be able to obtain a certificate from the Miami-Dade County Board of Rules and Appeals as a Chief Plumbing Inspector.
• Current certification or the ability to meet the requirements for certification by the United States Green Building Certification Institute (USGBCI) for LEED Green Associate (GA) within the first twelve (12) months of employment.
• Ability to work in an outdoor setting and perform inspections, which may required climbing ladders, standing or sitting for extended periods of time, traveling to various work locations and lifting and carrying light to moderate objects.
• Apply technical knowledge and follow proper inspection techniques to examine workmanship, methods and materials of construction.
• Ability to detect deviations from plans, regulations and standard construction practices.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to meet and deal with the public in an effective and courteous manner.
• Must be fluent in the English language. Ability to communicate in Spanish is a plus.
• Applicants must complete all requirements established by the Village of Pinecrest for employment. This includes but is not limited to a comprehensive background investigation and a job-related medical examination including a drug/alcohol screening test and a psychological evaluation.
• Must be a non-smoker.
• The minimum requirements may be waived by the Village Manager.
To receive consideration a fully completed Village of Pinecrest employment application is required. Resumes in lieu of a fully completed employment application will not receive consideration. Please review the Application Process on the Village’s web site.
To view the complete job description and application process and obtain an employment application, please visit www.pinecrest-fl.gov/jobs .
Village of Pinecrest
Human Resources Office
12645 Pinecrest Parkway
Pinecrest, Florida 33156
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D and Drug/Smoke Free Workplace