SUMMARY OF POSITION :|
The Chief Program Officer reports directly to the CEO and is part of the senior management team. He/she is responsible for working with existing program staff to set program strategy by both leading the team in deciding which programs will best help the organization achieve it’s mission and enhancing the staff's ability to execute. He/she will evaluate the effectiveness of the programs to provide an ongoing feedback loop and will support a structure that stays abreast of the latest developments in youth work and youth development programming.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
- Masters degree preferred
- 4-5 years management and youth programming experience
- Valid Illinois Drivers License and insured transportation required
- Chicago residency is required
Major Duties and Responsibilities :
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Provide management and leadership to the Program Quality Division
- Establish clear expectations while working with program quality staff to prioritize programming activities. Gain agreement on what programs we will and will not offer.
- Work with staff to set short and long term goals for all departments within the Program Quality Division.
- Using performance measures developed with the Directors within the division, monitor progress against service plans to ensure that standards are continually being improved and agreeing appropriate corrective action to be applied in the event of deviations from service area plans.
- Providing leadership to the team and providing strategic input for programming and partnership strategies and ensuring a consistency of approach and deliverables for program quality activities.
- Working with the other divisions to ensure integration of program quality plans with the overall organizational strategy as well as provide programmatic input into agency wide initiatives.
- Understand and effectively communicate current youth development and programmatic knowledge, including youth and family needs, to different stakeholders within the sector.
- Collaborate closely with the organization’s Officers to develop integrated systems, strategies and plans and maintain open, communication.
- Work across multi-disciplinary project teams to bring innovation expertise to our program teams and teen participants.
- Develop and implement a operational plan to build, strengthen, and maintain partnerships with outside partners such as the Chicago Public Schools, Chicago Park Districts, Chicago Public Libraries, and Chicago Department of Human Services to identify collaborative opportunities to facilitate high quality programming.
- Work closely with the Director of Instruction to develop programmatic strategic plans including implementing consistent quality standards for each content area and developing systems of program delivery.
- Develop and manage programming budget
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Skilled in developing and facilitating collaborative relationships
- Demonstrated experience leading and developing teams
- Excellent organizational skills and problem solving abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills; ability to collect and maintain information as needed
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high energy environment
- Respect for all levels of the organization and outside partners
- Energetic team player who works well in collaborative situations
- Strong orientation to customer service
We are a non-profit organization that offers Chicago high school teens innovative out-of-school activities through science37, sports37,...