Reports to the deputy warden, 0perations. Directly supervise the captains. Responsible for the custody and discipline of inmates in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC) directives.
1. Plan, coordinate and manage the administrative and programmatic activities
of the department.
2. Provide staff training, evaluate staff performance and recommend department and
personnel changes to the deputy warden, operations.
3. Assist the deputy warden, operations in the preparation of the departmental
budget; monitor and control expenditures.
4. Assist in the development and immplementation of new and revised policies and
procedures affecting security. Coordinate with other departments to ensure
compliance with overall facility objectives.
5. Exercise overall supervision of correctional officers and inmates; supervise,
protect, instruct, train, counsel and evaluate employees and inmates. Schedule
employees and provide scheduling for inmates work and off-duty time. Make
recommendations for trustee status inmates. Assist in formulating security and
6. Supervise and direct searches for contraband and provide security.
7. Provide security and custody for inmates. Supervise the observation of inmates.
8. Respond to emergencies.
9. Read, review and properly apply informatin found in inmate records related to
the inmates' health and safety, and to the security of the facility. Provide
appropriate information to other personnel.
10.Supervise the preparation and maintenance of records, forms, and reports.
11.Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate
behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed. Provide
regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention
12.Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
Bachelor's degree in correctional management, criminal justice, public/business administration, education counseling or other related field and six (6) years correctional experience, four (4) of which must be in a supervisory capacity. Directly relatd experience may be considered in lieu of formal education requirements if approved by management. Valid driver's license in the state of Mississippi with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
MTC is and Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply by November 9, 2012.
Management & Training Corporation - 7 months ago
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic, vocational...