KIND OF WORK PERFORMED: Under the general direction of the
CEO, responsible for supervising a variety of cross-agency functions, projects
and initiatives. Key areas of responsibility include Performance Monitoring,
Information Technology, Intelligent Transportation Systems and Transit
Effectiveness Planning. This position serves as a member of Executive Leadership
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
(not intended to be all inclusive)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Works as an extension of the CEO, thinking and
Helps the CEO propagate best practices throughout the Authority.
- Tracks strategic initiatives by monitoring
progress towards meeting goals and achieving benchmarks,
analyzing data, ensuring follow-through on the part of key
players and sustaining momentum needed to drive the initiatives.
- Reviews action items decided upon in each
strategic meeting and prepares a written summary. Confirm
project owner, dates of completion, and acquire necessary
- Plans, develops and coordinates various
complex data collection and analysis.
- Oversees the planning and implementation of
Enterprise Information Systems and related infrastructure to
support the business operations and achieve more cost beneficial
enterprise-wide IT and/or ITS operations.
- Oversight and evaluation of IT system security
and back up procedures.
- Oversight of technology platforms, hardware,
software, and partnerships needed to meet requirements. Explores
strategic options and determines the use of external
partnerships vs. internal build-out.
- Oversees, coordinates or delegates activities
necessary to complete major corporate initiatives as assigned by
- As requested, reviews management staff reports
and projects for the CEO
Represents JTA at various organizations, boards, committees,
events and meetings
- Manages, coordinates and or completes
confidential activities and special assignments as requested.
- Works collaboratively with other members of
the CEO’s Executive Team to enhance the JTA’s reputation for
excellence through best practices reviews, accountability for
performance, and continuous improvement.
- Functions in the role of “ambassador” for the
CEO, buffering communications with other members of the
strategic team in cases where there are sensitive issues to be
- Responsible for related duties as assigned.
A bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Proven management ability encompassing the
development and implementation of strategic goals and
objectives, setting and evaluating priorities.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both
orally and in writing, with sensitivity, passion, and a focus on
unity and equity.
- A track record in budget management,
stewardship and developing proven strategies to build
multi-faceted long range plans.
- A strong work ethic to produce a focused,
dedicated, high performance work team among both internal and
external stakeholders, with a focus on collaboration, mentoring
nurturing and delivery of exceed goals.
- Strong organizational, analytic and
strategic-thinking skills with demonstrated ability to create
implement and maintain complex plans and translate those plans
into goals and concrete methods and strategies.
- A career track record that shows stability
with an organization and the capacity to develop and nurture
relationships that culminate overall success.
- Experience conducting analysis and managing
- Experience as a change agent, operating at the
highest level of an organization.
- Ability to supervise and organize the work of
staff. The ability to develop capable staff, enforce
disciplinary procedures and effectively appraise employee
- Ability to research and collect data to make
sound recommendations for program policies and procedures.
- Ability to be technologically savvy, and use
resources necessary to make the organization more efficient and
Ten years of experience in the management of resources and staff.
Prior Executive Management Experience, preferably as a department or division
Proven success in organizational transformation resulting in improved efficiency
effectiveness and an enhanced brand value.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties
to be performed.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position
that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and
responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to
possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the abilities
and aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Jacksonville Transportation Authority. - 10 months ago
JTA continues to make our existing services better and more efficient. We are looking at ways to reduce the number of routes while still...