PURPOSE : Responsibilities include ensuring a safe, secure environment, meeting the age appropriate, individual needs of each child, and communicating status and needs reports to the child’s parents and to program staff.
POSITION SPECIFIC : This is an on-call position so days/hours will vary. Hours include days and/or weekends. This position would work at a residential site for women and their children in the Cornlius/North Plaines area as well as an outpatient location in Hillsboro.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Provides close supervision to a group of children. Duties may include dressing children, changing diapers, observing, and monitoring children’s independent play activities.
- Treats each child with respect and compassion, providing discipline that is positive and does not resort to physical force or restraint. Maintains awareness of children’s cognitive and developmental levels and implements age, cultural and developmentally appropriate activities. Supports each child’s emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts. Models interactive communication and assertive discipline (positive reinforcement).
- Completes an equal share of housekeeping responsibilities with other program staff.
- Maintains daily documentation regarding concerns and observations of children’s’ development
- Maintains clear, accurate and regular communication with parents, program staff, Supervisor, and program’s clinicians.
- Exhibits excellent customer relations by being courteous, helpful, offering assistance and maintaining a professional attitude and demeanor. Takes the initiative to identify and solve problems; exhibits positive communication and relationship skills. Utilizes supervision in a productive manner.
- Serves as a role model for each child’s parent regarding healthy limit-setting (structure) and respectful communication (nurture) that is appropriate to the child’s developmental stage.
- Transports client’s children in LifeWorks NW vehicle.
- Meets standards for productivity, accuracy/quality of work, customer service and team work.
- Meets standards for attendance following the department’s call-in policy for any unscheduled absences.
- Participate in regular individual and team meetings.
- Continually increase level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency providing culturally appropriate care.
- Past group childcare experience, particularly managing children in a preschool setting strongly preferred.
- Experience in the care of special needs, high risk and/or drug/alcohol exposed infants and children preferred.
- If recovering from a substance abuse related disorder, must be able to demonstrate continuous sobriety under nonresidential, independent living conditions for the immediate past two years.
- Position will drive a LifeWorks NW vehicle. Must have Valid driver’s license and ability to meet LifeWorks NW driving requirements.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and ability to provide culturally-competent service to internal and external contacts.
LifeWorks NW - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard