Minimum age of 18 years
The Child Care Provider provides a safe, stimulating learning environment for children ages six weeks through five years of age and maintains open lines of communication between the child care program and client families.
1. At least 18 years old
2. High School Diploma or GED
3. One year experience in early childhood education or the 40 hour new licensing training
4. CDA or equivalency credential with one year experience preferred.
5. Current CPR/AED and First Aid certification within 30 days of hire (Infant and Toddler preferred)
6. Completion of all state required early children training classes (within 6 months of hire).
1. Ensures a safe and healthy environment at all times by monitoring child areas for hazards or sanitation problems and correcting problems immediately or removing children from hazards until it can be corrected.
2. Provides appropriate adult supervision for all children at all times (children are NEVER to be left alone or permitted to leave the classroom without an adult).
3. Provides a stimulating, cognitively challenging classroom environment that encourages exploration and experimentation for children of varying ability levels and ages.
4. Provides experiences and training to help children develop and practice good health/safety habits.
5. Provides experiences and training to help children develop healthy nutrition and exercise habits.
6. Assists in the development and follows a daily schedule that incorporates good early childhood practices.
7. Assists in preparing, planning and implement of age appropriate learning experiences indoors and outside.
8. Cooperative working relationship with families by frequent communication either by phone, email, written note, or personal conversation.
9. Assists in and maintains accurate and timely records of accidents, illnesses, attendance, observations, billing and assessments.
10. Meets all regulatory requirements including annual training, skills, classroom arrangements, etc.
11. Cooperates with other staff members to ensure the smooth operation of the facility.
12. Respects cultural diversity of staff and children.
13. Respects diversity of physical abilities.
14. Attends staff and parent meetings as scheduled.
15. Provides Leadership and guidance to foster a positive working relationship with staff;
16. Develop parent relationships and support
17. Assist with admissions and attendance requirements and fees.
Kalispell Regional Medical Center - 19 months ago