Child Care Provider
Last Revised On: January 2012
POSITION: Child Care Provider JOB CODE: CCP
FUNCTION: Provide childcare and implement the educational curriculum within the assigned area.
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. One year experience working with young children in a care setting and satisfactory references to that effect.*
3. Ability to meet requirements of Bureau of Regulatory Services licensing.
4. Satisfactory response to criminal and child abuse and neglect history checks.
5. Demonstrated ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
*On-the-job training program required for anyone not meeting this qualification.
1. A signed physicians statement indicating the physical capability of the staff member to perform the duties required, according to Bureau of Regulatory Services licensing guidelines.
2. Proof of freedom from communicable tuberculosis according to Bureau of Regulatory Services licensing requirements.
3. Must be able to safely lift 60 pounds.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
1. Assist children in all daily living activities including, but not limited to: toileting, personal hygiene, dressing and eating.
2. Organize and implement age appropriate learning activities/ experiences for children within the approved curriculum with individual children and small and large groups.
3. Supervise children's activities to ensure safety, promote socialization and enjoyment of children attending the facility.
4. Provide child care during required client meetings, support groups, and as needed for YW-Domestic Assault program (DAP) – as assigned.
5. Work cooperatively with the Program Director, Lead Teacher, and /or Family Advocate to resolve any programmatic or customer concerns including but not limited to communication, service delivery, quality, curriculum, personnel, etc.
6. Work cooperatively with the Program Director, Lead Teacher, and/or Family Advocate on assigned duties, such as preparing activity materials, room cleanliness, etc. and use time effectively.
7. Participate in mealtime activities with the children to encourage good eating habits, good table manners, conversation and clean-up.
8. Accompany and supervise children on field trips.
9. Monitor health status of children for illness or areas of concern.
10. Clean up after activities.
11. Provide written and/or verbal communication to parents regarding child’s daily activities, progress and behavior.
12. Observe all YW-CC, YW-DAP, and YWCA policies and procedures.
13. Maintain program participant records, collect statistics and submit reports as required.
14. Comply with applicable local, state and federal licensing requirements/certification and/or regulations.
15. Comply with Association policy regarding required reporting of child abuse, elder abuse, suicide and homicide.
16. Safeguard confidential information gained as a result of the position.
17. As a YWCA employee, project a positive image of the Association and its programs to the community, the Association and the program.
18. Work cooperatively with program participants, YWCA staff and volunteers.
19. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Familiarization with YWCA Personnel Policies, Mission, Purpose and One Imperative.
2. Appropriate training and in-service which will occur during employment.
3. Infant/Toddler Child Care Providers must also have Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and Shaken Baby Syndrome training.
HOURS OF WORK: Part-time; flexible as a response to Association needs and availability of applicant. Center is open Monday - Friday between the hours of 6:00am - 6:00pm.
STARTING WAGE RANGE: $8.71 – 9.58 per hour
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: CC or DAP
SUPERVISED BY: Program Director – YW Children’s Center
TO APPLY: Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. You may also complete an employment application at 353 E. Michigan Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49007. Priority will be given to candidates who have a recent (within 12 months) DHS clearance, TB test and medical clearance. You can obtain a DHS clearance request form through the local DHS office or by stopping by the YWCA of Kalamazoo.
Founded in 1858 and headquartered in Washington D.C., the YWCA USA is a women's membership movement whose mission is to eliminate racism and...