July 17, 2013
Child Care Specialist
Foster Care Program
Mondays Evenings, plus some weekend and weekday hours
- Bilingual in English and Spanish Preferred
Reference Job Code CCS-724
To Apply Please Follow Application Procedure.
The Child Care Specialist is responsible for child care services in order for other family members to participate in groups. Duties include basic care taking, skill building, child management, relationship-building, tracking and reporting client’s treatment progress and providing group leadership.
A typical background for the person who can fulfill the duties of this position is as follows:
- Experience working with children in a mental health or special needs environment
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral science field required.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English , writing, speaking and reading, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with a broad variety of people, including staff, supervisors and management.
- Maintains appropriate professional boundaries and confidentiality.
- Demonstrates group leadership and organizational skills.
- Effectively monitor safety and demonstrate group management skills and effectively de-escalate potentially chaotic or volatile situations.
- Exercises tact, discretion, and judgment in working with a variety of people.
- Stays calm and emotionally available in an environment serving children with emotional disturbances.
- If driving for work-related purposes must have current driver’s license for state of residency and meet Morrison driving requirements. If driving personal vehicle, must provide proof of auto liability insurance. If driving personal vehicle 3 times a week or more (frequent driver) must have and maintain personal auto liability coverage at $100,000/$100,000 level. All drivers must be approved to drive for Morrison.
- Care-taking of children includes physical abilities to lift up to 40 pounds, run, walk, bend and stoop to retrieve children from under furniture or running away from the group. Provide visual and auditory supervision of children at all times in care in a group setting.
- Set-up of groups requires retrieving and setting-up supplies and pushing objects in the room up to 30 pounds.
- Regularly attend scheduled shifts, be punctual for scheduled shifts and meetings, and be in a condition suitable for assuming responsibilities of position.
- Must pass criminal history background check.
- Language testing if applicable.
+ Differential for Bilingual Abilities
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure and you must meet all position qualifications/requirements.
- Email a cover letter and resume to
and reference job code “CCS-724” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter.
- Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services at (503)736-9759 and put “CCS-724” on your cover letter.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to create a diverse, inclusive environment to better serve our clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Morrison Child and Family Services - 4 months ago