Responsible for campus Free and Reduced lunch application. Oversee the daily operational issue in the designated cafeteria/kitchen. Assist in preparation and serving the appropriate quantities of food to meet planned menu requirements. Maintain high standards of quality in food production, sanitation, safety practices, and customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: These duties apply to warming kitchens and full kitchens.
- Responsible to receive and process campus Free and Reduced Lunch application in a timely manner
- Support CNP Campus Coordinator’s effort in lunch application verification process
- Assist with general kitchen tasks
- Cook and prepare meals according to the menu
- Serve food according to meal schedules and procedures
- Provide clean and orderly garage collection containers
- Ensure portion control
- Maintain order and cleanliness of kitchen
- Follow safety guidelines when operating equipment
- Responsible to complete daily production records and all HACCP logs
- If assigned, carry out specific kitchen roles (e.g. driver, dishwasher, etc.)
- Provide good customer service to maintain good customer relationships
- If position is at warming kitchen :
- Places order for vended meals, food/snack items and other supplies
- Responsible to enter planned production in NK Menu Planning system
- Responsible for receiving and storage of food items/supplies
- Responsible to maintain inventories record in NK Perpetual Inventory system
- Responsible to enter planned production
- Responsible for campus CNP profit and loss
- Monitor meal order and waste
- Daily Cash drawer reconciliation
- Manage students/staff lunch account balance
- Collect and update lunch payment in NK system
- Monitor student balance and to enforce no charge policy
- Communication with parents when necessary for low or negative lunch account
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education diploma (GED); 1-2 year experience in school food service. Possess current Food Handlers Permit. Ability to understand food preparation and safety instructions. Knowledge of kitchen equipment and food production procedures. Capable of operating large and small kitchen equipment and tools.
Applicable to Warming Kitchens Cafeteria worker : Must be ServSafe certified and eligible to obtain Kitchen Manager Certificate
Ability to read, analyze, and apply common sense understanding and to carry out instructions in written or oral English. Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel, students, and parents.
Ability to perform basic arithmetic operations
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the ability to learn and use software as necessary. Ability to use basic office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Child Nutrition workers are regularly required to stand and walk
- Occasionally required to reach, balance, stoop, kneel, twist and bend
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts
- Occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold and extreme heat
Criminal records check, pre-hire and annually thereafter, if applicable. Must be eligible to work in the United States and provide work authorization.
The work environment is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The environment requires close proximity to other employees, frequent interruptions, extended periods of time viewing a computer screen and standing, and noise levels from moderate to high. There may be activity from other employees and students of a distracting nature.
MODIFICATION OF DUTIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Uplift Education retains the right to change and/or modify the duties and essential functions of this position at any time. This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.