Redstone Arsenal Family and MWR (FMWR) has many award winning services available such as recreation, sports and fitness, child youth and school services, golf, bowling, club, arts and crafts, a library and much, much more! Redstone Arsenal FMWR strive to be your "First Choice" for all quality of life services. As a member of our FMWR Team, you and your immediate family members are entitled to utilize all FMWR Facilities and Services.
These positions are for the School Age Services SUMMER CAMPS. Programs are offered in the core areas of leisure, recreation, and the arts; sport and fitness; life skills, citizenship and leadership; and mentoring and support services. If selected for this position, your contribution to the overall success of the CYSs programs is vital.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
Ensures that care is provided in compliance with Child Development standards as outlined in applicable regulations. Assists in planning and conducting an effective child development program to meet the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs of each child. Reviews and implements daily schedules and activity plans. Assists in arranging the room. Receives children from parents. Notes all special instructions parents may provide. Maintains an accurate count of children at all times. Conducts daily health checks of children. Notifies the Director of any marks or other signs that might indicate a suspicion of illness, abuse, or neglect. Ensures the safety and sanitation of children. Completes and submits required reports. Interacts with children during activities. Attends to the physical needs of the children.
1. Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
2. Be able to communicate in English (both written and verbal).
3. 18 Years of age at time of announcement closing date.
Conditions of Employment:
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are best qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The questions are designed to capture the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position. The score you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
- You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
- All required background checks of AR 215-3, must be successfully completed and maintained including Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquires (CNACI); to include a health assessment is required.
- Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
- DA Form 3433-2 (Supplemental Employment Application Form For Child-Youth Services Positions) must be completed and submitted with this application. http://armypubs.army.mil/eforms/pureedge/a3433_2.xfdl or http://armypubs.army.mil/eforms/pdf/A3433_2.PDF
- Available to work hours ranging from 5:45 AM to 6:30 PM.
- Able to work both indoors and outdoors.
- Possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, walk, bend, stoop, and stand on a routine basis.
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process may be used to verify your stated level of experience and capability. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you.
Conversion of employment category from Flex to RPTor RFT may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3.
- To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
- The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
- Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
- Pay ment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 11 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...