Provides supervision and guidance of the daily play and educational activities with children of the Child Care Department in keeping with the overall goals and objectives of Fraser to ensure quality childcare for the families we support.
Fraser, Ltd Overview:
Fraser, Ltd., by charter is the oldest human service agency in North Dakota established in 1893. Fraser, Ltd provides assistance to children, youth, and adults on their life's journey towards independence. We are seeking caring, responsible, and compassionate individuals to join our team of over 200 professionals. We provide services in 3 areas; Children’s Services, Transitional Youth Services, and Adult Residential Disability Services. Children’s Services provides a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment in which children with special needs and children typically developing learn and grow together. Transitional Youth Services provides shelter, basic needs, life skills education and advocacy services for disenfranchised youth by supporting independent thought and empowering self-directed action for individuals ages 16-26. Adult Residential Disability Services promotes education, advocacy, and active treatment for people with intellectual disabilities by providing supportive services in a residential environment.
Child Care Aide Qualifications:
Desire and training to work with all children. Be at least 14 years of age, provided that any employee under age sixteen has written parental consent for such employment and the employment arrangements are in conformance with North Dakota Century Code. Ability to relate with peers, children, and parents. Willingness to increase skills and competence through experience, training, and supervision. Current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation for children and first aid. Certify within 30 days of employment that they do not have health problems that would interfere with their position or would be detrimental to the health of the children.
Child Care Aide Responsibilities:
- Provides supervision when children are playing and during educational activities
- Leads children in daily, structured schedule of activities
- Assist Child Care Supervisor in implementation age appropriate classroom activities and lesson plans that meet National Academy for the Education of Young Children standards and utilize the Stimulating Maturity through Accelerated
- Readiness Training (S.M.A.R.T.)/Boost-Up, Creative Curriculum and other curriculum plans as determined by the Child Care Director and Curriculum Specialist
- Assist Child Care Supervisor in daily S.M.A.R.T./Boost-Up activities and documentation of such activities as directed by the Special Needs Coordinator and Director of Children’s Services.
- Provides guidance and behavior management to the children as directed by the child’s personal information
- Completes objectives from special needs programs if needed and requested by parents and Child Care Coordinator
- Follows Fraser Child Care’s emergency procedures for fire, accident, tornado, and winter storms
- Accompanies children on outings in the community
- Completes the daily and weekly cleaning schedules
- Attends staff meetings and in-service training
- Assists the Child Care Supervisor and Director in organizing and maintaining the area by tidying
- Participates in planning and providing a variety of books, art, flannel board stories and dramatic play props
- Reports health and safety hazards
- Stocks and inventorying supplies
- Provides personal care to the children
- Uses tact when addressing parents by demonstrating acceptance of varying parenting styles
- Uses tact when addressing and reporting problems with parents to Child Care Supervisor or Director
- Works cooperatively with staff and reports any staff conflicts to the Child Care Supervisor in a timely manner
- Assist Child Care Supervisor in providing a multi-cultural and special needs awareness in the classroom and lesson plans
- Assists in completion of daily report sheets for the children
Fraser Ltd. - 14 months ago