Childcare Director in Training
Full Time - Non Exempt
$14-$15 / hr
Be part of our Cause
The YMCA of Orange County staff are committed to teaching youth positive life skills, values and the importance of giving back. In our communities, our staff support and strengthen families by offering quality experiences that are affordable and life-enriching. Our staff encourage participation by all members of our community and create an environment where everyone aspires to be their best. Each day, we work side-by-side with others to strengthen the foundations of our communities.
The YMCA of Orange County has an immediate need for a Childcare Director in Training in the northern/central orange county area. The Childcare Director in Training (DIT) actively participates and successfully completes Child Care Director in Training program within six months of employment in order to assume responsibilities for the overall leadership of a specific child care site including staff supervision, daily schedule and curriculum, enrollment, parent and school relations, facility maintenance, risk management, fiscal accounting and licensing compliance.
•Actively participate with mentor director in established Director in Training program attending all assigned trainings and one on one meetings.
• Upon successful completion of training program must be willing to apply for and accept open Director position within all of YMCA of Orange County.
• Ability to work a flexible shift meeting the needs of assigned site during operational hours of 6:45am – 6:00pm.
• Effectively communicate with mentor director regarding learning style, knowledge assessment, goal setting and continued training needs.
• Provide proof of enrollment in Child Care Administration course if not previously completed within first six months of employment, provide official transcript of successful completion within 12 months of employment.
• Plan, prepare, supervise, implement and evaluate programs. May supervise any staff or volunteer positions at the site. May supervise children directly or indirectly at the site.
• Ensure the safety of children and staff.
• Maintain a licensed program in accordance with Title XXII regulations and the YMCA of Orange County Compliance Manual.
The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Education & Certifications: High School Diploma or equivalent, EMSA First Aid & EMSA CPR Certification, 15 college units accepted by licensing (3 units in Child Development, and 3 units or 60 training hours in Administration, and 9 units or 180 training hours in Recreation, Elementary Education or related field) required.
Associates or Bachelors Degree in Child Development, Education, Recreation, Physical Education, or related field accepted by Licensing and completion of the Administration Class preferred. Education may offset experience requirements.
Experience & Background: Must be at least 18 years of age. 4 years of experience working with children, previous supervision of staff.
The YMCA of Orange County offers excellent benefits as part of our compensation package. Programs such as medical and dental insurance options are available for full-time staff. Program discounts, retirement, and complimentary use of YMCA facilities are offered to all employees.
Learn more about opportunities at the Y
*Eligibility requirements, employee handbook and job description to be provided at hire. All candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.