The Art Studio NY LLC
(New York NY)
THE ART STUDIO NY
Seeking a high-energy, enthusiastic, nurturing, and dedicated Children's Art Teacher to teach ages 4-6 at our Upper West Side art studio. Additional age groups may be available. Our mission is to provide relaxation, inspiration and the freedom of self-expression to our students through our encouraging instruction so that our students experience greater happiness and fulfillment in their day-to-day lives and through creating artwork.
YOUR EXPERIENCE INCLUDES:
- Degree/Certificate in Childhood Education &/or Art Education
- At least 3 years of teaching experience working with young children in a creative, artistic capacity in the classroom/art studio setting
- Understanding of the role art plays in child development
- Command of the classroom and behavior management
- Successful teaching practices in a fast pace and ever-changing work environment
- You feel a calling to make a positive difference in children's lives
- Ability to work through challenges, change and unexpected situations
- Supreme conflict management skills
- Creating and implementing successful syllabi
SCHEDULE: 3-5 group classes per week, Monday and Wednesday afternoons (2:30 - 4:30 pm), private lessons, Weekend private parties
- Actively engaged with your students
- Highly organized
- A natural teacher and motivated to inspire others
- Known to take a personal interest in each student
- Committed to establishing a caring/loving/warm and safe atmosphere
- Enthusiastic about and with children and families
- Thorough in your instructional planning and organizing
- Extremely effective communicator
- Very patient, flexible and adaptable to change, able to switch gears at a moments notice
- Hardworking and excited to be a team player
- Sense of humor and Dedicated to making learning fun
Hourly fee negotiable based on experience. $25-50/class hour plus incentives.
Please visit www.theartstudiony.com for further information.
TO APPLY: PLEASE NO CALLS!
Please email email@example.com with your cover letter (PLEASE state why you are a perfect fit for this opportunity), resume, and three references. Write "KIDS ART INSTRUCTOR" on subject line. Thank you.
New York Foundation for the Arts - 19 months ago