Upon hiring, the Children’s Behavioral Health Specialist could work as a Care Coordinator in the Partnership with Families programs or as a Mental Health Specialist based in school districts within St. Charles, Lincoln, Warren and Franklin counties to assist with either program’s needs.
As an open position occurs within Partnership or School based the Children’s Behavioral Health Specialist would permanently fill the open position.
A Care Coordinator is a mental health professional who is based in the community. This individual serves as a liaison between children/families and systems, and provides a wide range of services, depending on the needs and expectations of each child and family. Mental Health Specialists are mental health professionals who are based in school districts. They serve as a liaison between children/families and schools, and provide a wide range of services, depending on the needs and expectations of the each individual school district and school.
· Serves as a link to systems’ staff, providing information on a wide range of mental health topics.
· Provide Clinical Therapeutic Targeted Case Management (TCM) and Community Support Services which includes, but is not limited to, monitoring and linking of services identified as determining the strengths, needs, abilities, and preferences of the child and family (DMH). Provide clinical support to the individual child and family to help them cope with stressors related to serious emotional disturbance. (DFS-Psych Diversion)
· Actively collaborate with other systems’ staff regarding assigned individuals and their families, participate as a member of the multi-disciplinary team to advocate for the mental health needs of the child/family.
· Monitor child/family participation and progress in organized treatment programs to assure the planned provision of service according the child’s individual treatment plan.
· Participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in all treatment plan reviews for children.
· Mental Health Specialists act as a liaison and ambassador for the Crider Health Center to and between the agency and School Districts.
Direct Clinical Services
· Collaborate with families and systems to develop Individualized Child and
· Provide crisis intervention and critical incident stress management services.
· Provide parenting education. (Family System Model)
· Maintain contact with children who are hospitalized/respite/residential and participate in discharge planning and necessary collateral contacts.
· Provide therapeutic skill building in areas such as anger management and communication
· Consistently meet 100% productivity.
· Transportation of clients as needed.
· Regular attendance (except as excused).
· Other duties as assigned.
Maintain agreed upon level of productivity.
· Complete all mandatory documentation to monitor client’s progress
towards achievement of individual treatment plan goals.
· A mental health professional as defined in 9CSR30-4.030 or;
· An individual with a master’s degree in a related field as recognized by the US Department of Education.
· A valid Missouri chauffeur’s license.
The Children’s Behavioral Health Specialist will receive supervision by the supervisor of the assigned program.
Crider Health Center is a Community Health Center serving the mental, physical, and dental health needs of citizens of Franklin, Lincoln, St. Charles, and Warren Counties.
Join Our Team
We welcome inquiries from qualified individuals who want to be part of a team of hardworking, dedicated and compassionate employees whose work helps us aspire to our vision of full, healthy, productive lives for everyone. Crider Health Center welcomes all people regardless of race, age, gender, religion, education, nationality, ethnicity, family circumstance, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and physical or mental ability.
Crider Health Center
- 19 months ago - save job