This position is at the Elgin Chip Mill. The individual will be required to assist in the operation and daily maintenance of the chip mill and associated equipment, such as log cranes, knuckleboom loaders, front-end loaders and switch trucks. Other duties include unloading log trucks, stacking wood, reclaiming wood, chip sampling, and keeping mill and woodyard clean and orderly.
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Operating Log Cranes, Front End Loaders and Knuckleboom Loaders to produce wood chips from logs.
• Keeping Chip Mill clean during operation of equipment.
• Maintaining and inspecting equipment.
• Operating tractors to move residue vans around mill.
• Unloading and stacking pulpwood logs
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• A High School diploma is required.
Previous Work Experience
• Two years experience operating heavy equipment is desirable. Candidate must have mechanical ability with light welding and burning experience.
KapStone Paper and Packaging Corporation was formed in April 2005 by industry veterans to establish operating businesses in the paper,...