For 130 years, the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies has been delivering exceptional property and casualty insurance products and services to businesses and individuals around the world.
Today, we are the 12th largest property and casualty insurer in the United States and have a worldwide network of some 120 offices in 26 countries staffed by 10,100 employees. The Chubb Corporation reported $50 billion in assets and $13 billion in revenues in 2011. According to Fortune magazine, Chubb is the 202nd largest U.S.-based corporation.
We have emerged as a leader in the insurance industry not only on the basis of our size or our longevity. We consistently strive to build lasting relationships with our customers and 8,500 independent agents and brokers, and we aim to be the best at what we do by delivering unparalleled service and innovative, scalable and specialized products backed by financial strength and third-party endorsements.
As a Personal Lines Underwriter you are accountable for:
• Financial performance of $20 million of personal lines business in North Carolina
• Successful market penetration and agency management including:
• Acting as a key contact to build, maintain and manage customer/broker relationships (including regular broker visits based on business need),
• Identifying opportunities for growth within new and existing production sources,
• Performing front door management to filter new business and reinforce underwriting appetite
• Developing business plans with continual monitoring of progress,
• Soliciting, risk selection and analysis (including documentation), pricing and sales of Chubb Personal Insurance products and services for new business,
• Collecting and sharing competitor data with team,
• Meeting service standards established within Chubb Personal Insurance,
• Working in a team environment with Underwriters, Appraisal, the Customer Service Center and Home Office.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Solid knowledge of personal underwriting and industry theories and practices
• Knowledge of ISO forms preferred
• Demonstrated technical expertise and product specific knowledge
• Proven, successful sales skills
• Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
• Experience developing marketing plans
• Ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external business partners
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Chubb prides itself on the ability to provide all employees with an extraordinary work environment which promotes teamwork, diversity and incentives for those who exceed expectations. Chubb has been recognized as one of the top 50 companies for diversity by DiversityInc magazine, one of America's most admired companies by Forbes, and one of the top 100 companies to work for by Fortune.
Chubb's compensation and benefit plans work together to create a Total Rewards Program for our employees that is among the best in our industry. As a global organization, we work hard to achieve our goal of providing flexible and competitive compensation and benefits packages in each local market in which we operate. Our goal is to exceed average market practices for our performers.
Chubb Group - 19 months ago