The signal integrity/electrical engineering team at Cray Inc. has an opening for a circuits engineer. The SI/EE team is responsible for the design and evaluation of channels, power, clocks, and circuits in Cray’s high-performance supercomputers. This team works closely with the PCB and mechanical development teams.
Job responsibilities include:
- PCB-level circuit analysis and design
- Analysis and design of power stability, including de-coupling recommendations
- Clock network design and characterization
- Design and analysis of industry-leading multi-gigabit electrical and optical channels as well as memory interface channels
- Model creation, simulation, and lab characterization of system components
- Creation of PCB signal integrity design rules, stackup, and connector pinout recommendations
This position requires a BSEE or a related degree and a minimum of five years of applicable work experience or an advanced degree with two or three years of related work experience (or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
The successful candidate will have:
Cray Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
- experience correlating simulation results with lab measurements and proficiency in the use of the corresponding lab equipment
- experience with PCB and system circuit analysis
- a good knowledge of circuit theory, jitter characterization, power networks, EMI, and Serdes equalization
- an understanding of how to analyze and improve cross-talk, insertion loss, return loss, impedance discontinuities, etc
- a familiarity with modeling and simulation tools such as Hspice, MATLAB, ADS, Ansys SiWave, or similar tools
Cray - 19 months ago
Cray Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, markets and services high-performance computing (HPC) systems, commonly known as supercomputers....