Performs a variety of circulation duties to meet the needs of Library customers.
1. Performs circulation duties to establish and maintain accurate customer records.
2. Interviews customers to assess their needs in order to provide appropriate assistance or information.
3. Assists customers with public access computing to ensure they make effective use of technological resources.
4. Educates customers in Library skills to enable them to become confident Library users.
5. Performs clerical duties, in accordance with performance standards, to maintain the organization of Library materials and provide customer services.
6. Organizes and participates in special projects and programming to enhance the quality of service to the community.
7. Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma
Must possess a commitment to a high level of public service to Library customers
Must possess excellent communication and organization skills
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Ability to stand for up to 8 hours per shift
Ability to bend to very low shelves or reach to very high shelves when retrieving Library materials
Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
Ability to push a full cart of books or other Library materials
Ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously
Ability to operate various types of Library equipment
Familiar with pc technology, word processing and e-mail
St. Louis County Library - 14 months ago