Responsible for the oversight of the efficient operation process of the Central Library. Also, responsible for coordinating circulation activities and functions for four library facilities in the absence of the Circulation Supervisor.
Essential Job Functions
Oversee daily operations of the Circulation desk and workroom at the Central Library, including staff, asset inventory, arrangement and condition of its collection.
Coordinates, schedules and monitors staff coverage, employee development, job performance, assist with corrective disciplinary actions and resolves employees’ conflicts.
Supervise and monitors Circulation desk functions, including registration, checkout, returns, fines and delinquencies. Inter-library loan, hold request and pre-shelving activities.
Addresses patron circulation issues and complaints related to delinquencies and suspension of privileges at the Central Library.
Maintain proper circulation record. Run daily efficiency reports for the Central Library.
May be required to assume Circulation Supervisor responsibilities for all four library facilities in her absence as needed.
Preferred Knowledge - Abilities & Skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Two year Associate Library Technology degree with course work in circulation services
- 2 to 3 years of experience in a public library circulation department
- Ability to speak and read Spanish at the intermediate level
Licenses & Certifications
- Basic , practical knowledge of public library services
- Possess excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to supervise a diverse group of employees
- Ability to handle customer issues and complaints appropriately
- Ability to participate in a team environment
- Ability to analyze multiple situations/tasks and make effective business decisions
Valid Class C Texas driver's license
Physical Tasks & Working Conditions
The incumbent works in a typical library environment, but the nature of the position may require occasional outside work. Subject to some physical labor, exposure to dust and travel to various sites may occur. Physical tasks will include lifting, squatting, bending, stooping, walking, and carrying supplies, as needed.
Minimum Education & Work Experience
Two year Associate degree
2-3 years experience in a public library setting
2-3 years supervisory experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
City of Garland - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard