CCNA Intern (Entry Level) Contract on 1099. 20 to 40 Hours per week.
Must be US Citizen or Resident (Green Card).
Rate: $10/hr , 20 to 40 hours per week.
yearly: $20,800. All inclusive, no benfits, straight pay. Contractor position.
This position is entry level and has the ability to learn about training, design, installation and deployment of real world networks. You will be engaged in projects, support calls and training.
Assist in client onsite troubleshooting and reviewing. Assist with training lab for clients.
- Address and resolve a wide variety of trouble tickets and customer service requests with a high sense of urgency
- Coordinate escalation of issues as appropriate, ensuring proper hand-off and timely resolution
- Manage and coordinate 3rd party suppliers (Cisco TAC, Telco service companies, customer technical support teams, etc.) from ticket initiation through resolution
- Maintain all technical documentation of NOC processes and procedures
- Continued development of knowledge and technical skills in network and system administration, particularly with regard to Cisco architecture and platforms
Qualifications for this role include:
- Technical troubleshooting and support experience in a NOC or similar environment
- Basic Cisco troubleshooting knowledge, including routing and switching, Unified Communications, and/or firewalls
- Cisco certifications (CCNA) required.
- Cisco certifications (CCNP, CCVP, etc.) strongly preferred but not required.
- Must possess a "Can do" attitude: If you don’t know the answer, you find a way to get it
- Strong analytical and learning skills. Ability to collate and interpret data from various sources
- Exceptional phone-based customer service skills, as well as strong overall verbal and written communication skills.