Cisco Network Engineer - Contractor 1099.. $40/hr to $50/hr
Duration: contract or full time
Client keeps pace with today's technology by providing our lawyers, staff and clients with the most advanced technology tools available to facilitate the practice of law.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 3-5 years of Cisco Routing experience
- 3-5 years of Cisco Switching experience
- 1-3 years of Wireless (LWAP) experience
- Riverbed WAN acceleration a plus
- ACE Load balancer experience a plus
- Solarwinds Orion experience
- The ability to follow defined policies and procedures with attention to detail.
- The ability to work well with other people.
- Provide 24x7 day-to-day operations support of the firm’s network environment.
- Resolve issues related to network performance, capacity and availability.
- Manage escalation of issues to support teams and vendors.
- Proactively monitor network for stability and performance issues and perform regular reporting of network metrics for planning purposes.
- The network engineer is directly responsible for the implementation of solutions based on architectural standards.
- Five plus years of network engineering experience is required.
- Experience working in a multi-site multinational environment is desirable
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field preferred.
- Work with DBA’s, server engineers, storage engineers, and network engineers to resolve issues and prevent downtime.
- Follow our IT credo to “Be respectful and gracious, honest, proactive, open minded, the user, patient, concise, and professional.”
- Listening, drawing out key concepts and articulating advanced technical and non-technical concepts with ease (both written and oral formats) to customers, peers and management at several levels and across the organization with minimal oversight.
- Effective production support activities including advanced business and technical writing.
- Documenting medium to large scale projects with minimal supervision; will be involved in developing and delivering presentations.
- Ability to solicit input from internal and external sources, including the ability to investigate and incorporate best practices from other corporations, experience and sound judgment.
Is required to make decisions or communicate across organizational boundaries. Involved in anticipating problem troubleshooting scenarios and analyzing ways in which to avoid the problem completely or greatly mitigate its risk. The goal is to minimize the trade-offs between cost containment and/or timeliness of service so that both are somewhat achievable.
- Does "whatever it takes" to support the tactical and strategic goals of the team and in the Firm.
- Recognized as a positive and motivational force on the team.
- Recognizes and Defuses complex interpersonal issues effectively while managing customer expectations. Sets follow up steps in accordance with best practices. I Negotiates skillfully and compromises in very difficult situations to build relationships internally and externally for the team.
Indeed - 11 months ago