This position is responsible for performing designs of integrated solutions, installations and implementations of designed systems. Some pre-sales consulting, site surveying and customer environmental analysis will be required. In addition to implementation, this position will require support and/or service calls to troubleshoot and resolve issues with existing systems. This position is a mixture of planned project related activity in addition to as needed or dispatched via ESI’s call center. Superior communication, presentation skills, time management and personal organization skills are a must.
We are looking for a Citrix Engineers to help support our clients in the DC, Northern, VA and Maryland area.
High School Diploma or GED
Two / Four year college degree or degree from Vocational Institute in related field of industry. Manufacturer and/or industry related certifications
Required: Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA)
Preferred: Citrix Certified Enterprise Engineer (CCEE)
Preferred: Citrix Certified Integration Architect (CCIA)
Required: 5+ years of experience designing, engineering, and implementing Citrix based solutions using XenApp, XenDesktop, NetScalar, Citrix Provisioning Services, Citrix CloudGatway and other related products.
Preferred: 7-10 years of experience with designing, engineering, implementing, troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing a variety of technologies including: server hardware, Windows based server and desktop operating systems, in-depth virtualization, replication, console management, virtualization system backup capabilities, virtual desktop technologies, in-depth knowledge of storage (ISCSI & fibre channel), in-depth backup capabilities, routing and switching as it relates to both general networking and storage product related switching, Anti-virus solutions, power backup & filtering, Internet & Intranet technologies (Internet protocol), Web filtering, network printing solutions, mobile devices, LAN administration, Microsoft Exchange, Mail filtering, Microsoft Active Directory, other industry recognized applications.
Experience in technologies above with certifications from tier 1 manufacturers such as (but not limited to): Citrix, VMware, Microsoft, Cisco, Barracuda, Symantec, HP, Client, EMC, IBM.
Candidates should have working experience with the following:
Citrix skill set - experience supporting:
Other preferred experience/skills:
- XenApp on versions 5.0 or higher (CCA cert a plus)
- XenDesktop 4 or 5/VDI a plus
- Citrix Web Interface, Citrix Secure Gateway, Citrix Access Gateway (physical or VPX)
- Netscaler (physical or VPX)
- Citrix Provisioning Services
- Edgesight monitoring
- VMWare 4 or at least Citrix running on a virtual host (VCP cert a plus) (CCEE cert a plus)
- Citrix/terminal server licensing
- SSL, PKI certificate management
- MS AD - especially setting Citrix policy using GPOs
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and documentation skills
ESI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and maintains a drug-free workplace.
- Computer (desktop, portable, thin client, mobile), Hardware & Multiple Operating Systems (Primarily Windows based, Open source or OS/X helpful)
- Server (standalone, rack, blade), Multiple operating systems, (i.e. Windows, 2000, 2003, 2008)
- Network Connectivity / Network Administration
- Storage from small business to enterprise level with dense server environments. ISCSI and/or Fibre channel technologies. Internal, SAN or Cloud based
- Back-up solutions tape, disk to disk, disk to tape, snap shot, appliance based or cloud based,
- Ups backups communicative deployment, power requirement sizing
- Capacity Planner sizing of storage solution based on current and future growth
- Disaster Recovery single and multiple locations
- Replication single and multiple locations
- Anti-virus solutions, local & distributed
- Microsoft Active Directory Enhanced knowledge
- Internet Protocol IP structuring (LAN, WAN & Public)
- Network Printing Solutions print queues, distributed printing, mobile printing
- Mail messaging basic knowledge Microsoft Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010
- Mail filtering basic knowledge
- Other industry related applications as necessary (Microsoft Office suite, SharePoint helpful, other)
- Statement of work creation and (Request for Proposal) RFP review and writing
Electronic Systems, Inc. (ESI) delivers market-leading technology solutions, exceptional service and consulting expertise to businesses and...