Citrix System Engineer
USA-MD: MARYLAND-ANNAPOLIS JUNCTION
Remote Work Authorized
Jan 30, 2013, 5:20:22 PM
Citrix Engineer opening at Eagle Alliance. We are looking for a Citrix Engineer to design and develop highly complex, integrated Virtual Desktop solutions through tools, processes and procedures to facilitate the cost effective delivery of services.
Essential Job Functions
- Designs and develops highly complex, integrated Virtual Desktop solutions to meet business requirements or enhance performance in a Citrix environment.
- Performs and evaluates cost analyses and vendor comparisons for large scale projects to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations. Measures feasibility of various approaches and makes recommendation(s). Ensures adherence to model created and overall budgetary guidelines.
- Recommends moderately complex systems investment(s) to management and customers based on results of independent assessment of current and future performance, stability, and systems management/life cycle issues.
- Provides escalated, highly complex technical support to customers by investigating and resolving systems-related matters of significance; provides support telephonically and/or electronically.
- Plans, conducts and oversees the technical aspects of projects; coordinates the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
- Applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of the complex system requirements and problems. Develops training tools and documentation; oversees implementation of same.
- Reviews literature, patents and current practices to support business requirements and/or new industry technology. Prepares reports regarding new technology to communicate to appropriate personnel.
- Provides technical consultation on current and proposed systems to other organizations and clients.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Seven or more years of experience in systems engineering, software engineering or operating systems programming. To include technical experience with VDI, Citrix, Xen Desktop, Xen App, Active Directory, scripting and VMware.
- Experience working with computer hardware, operating system software and desktop applications with a specific concentration in one or more areas
- Experience working with one or more structured programming languages
- Experience working with design principles and applications
- Strong communication skills to communicate systems proposals to management and customers and provide systems diagnoses and resolution for current systems
- Strong organization skills to prioritize work, balance and lead complex projects
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, subordinates, and team members
- Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Ability to integrate complex hardware and software systems
- Ability to work independently and as part of a global team
- Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
CSC est l’un des leaders mondiaux dans le conseil ainsi que dans la mise en oeuvre, pour les entreprises, de solutions et de services fondés...