Alkermes plc is a fully integrated, global biopharmaceutical company that applies its scientific expertise and proprietary technologies to develop innovative medicines that improve patient outcomes. The company has a diversified portfolio of more than 20 commercial drug products and a substantial clinical pipeline of product candidates that address central nervous system (CNS) disorders such as addiction, schizophrenia and depression. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Alkermes plc has an R&D center in Waltham, Massachusetts and manufacturing facilities in Athlone, Ireland; Gainesville, Georgia; and Wilmington, Ohio. For more information, please visit Alkermes’ website at www.alkermes.com
Alkermes is a leader in innovative medicines that address the unmet needs and challenges of people living with debilitating diseases. As a fully integrated global biopharmaceutical company, Alkermes applies our scientific expertise, proprietary technologies, and global resources to develop products that are designed to make a meaningful difference in the way patients manage their disease. Our track record for successful drug development is evident from the more than 20 marketed drugs that use our proprietary technologies, and perhaps most clearly exemplified by the five key commercial products propelling our growth. These are breakthrough products in major disease areas, such as schizophrenia, addiction, and multiple sclerosis.
The Citrix System Administrator is responsible for the daily administration, troubleshooting, and maintenance of the Citrix environment including support of all internal servers in a Microsoft Windows Server and HP-Unix environment, and the security appliances that are used in support of this environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Administration duties in the Citrix environment. Responsibilities include management of the existing XenApp 5 & 6.5 farms and the continued migration from the legacy Citrix Metaframe environments.
• Establishment of company IT Citrix standards to be used across all of the sites.
• Administration duties for Citrix environments, including Active Directory as directed. Responsibilities include user account management, data access, performance/availability monitoring, and printer support for Citrix environments. Perform administration and maintenance of security appliances related to the Citrix environments.
• Provide 3rd level support for server related issues related to the Alkermes Citrix environment as needed.
• Identify, review, and recommend hardware and software purchases for the Alkermes Citrix environment as needed.
• Complete all activities in accordance with approved SOPs and IT guidelines.
• Responsible for regular review/analysis of security and event logs.
• Coordination of activities with System Administrators and Network Engineers across all sites.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned by IT management.
• Develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity, and have a broad theoretical understanding of current state-of-the-art hardware and software.
• Support the Global Infrastructure Senior Manager and Senior Director as required.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
• Bachelors Degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
• Additional training in server administration and related technologies.
• Minimum of 8-10 years previous experience in supporting IT infrastructure and system administration, including various Citrix environments.
• Previous experience in the biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industries is desirable.
• Excellent knowledge of Xenapp 5 & 6.5.
• Excellent knowledge of Citrix Access Gateway.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and good problem solver. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Technical proficiency in the following areas: Windows Server 2008, Active Directory, Checkpoint Security Appliances, VMware, Windows Terminal Services, and Other Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (Windows 2003 Server, Windows XP, and Windows 7).
Personal Attributes Needed:
• Quick learner and organized.
• Good verbal and written skills.
• Must be highly adaptive and able to follow instructions.
• Ability to work independently, or function in a team as needed.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and identify/communicate areas for improvement within existing infrastructure environment.
EEO Statement: Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Alkermes, Inc. (Alkermes) is an integrated biotechnology company. The Company has developed, manufactured and commercialized VIVITROL for...