FedEx Freight, Inc.
Pick up and deliver freight between Service Centers and customers and support the selling process.
- Operate tractor-trailer combination, including doubles (and triples, where applicable) and/or straight trucks
- Perform daily pre-trip and safety inspections on equipment
- Hook/unhook trailers and converter dollies to/from a tractor and/or trailer
- Perform freight handling using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including but not limited to: forklift, pallet jack and hand truck
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies, including but not limited to: pallets, straps and rope
- Recoup/repair damaged freight when necessary
- Verify and complete required documentation and reports
- Comply with hazardous material regulations and procedures
- Collect cash or checks for freight charges, as required, and maintain required documentation
- Follow dispatch instructions and communicate with dispatch as required, including but not limited to: delays, arrivals and equipment problems
- Communicate with customers to determine pick-up or delivery needs and solicit additional business
- Demonstrate internal and external customer service
- Ask for additional business from customers, and provide leads to sales for potential new opportunities
- May be required to perform chaining of vehicle tires
- May be required to perform job duties of a road driver or a dock employee where operationally necessary
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
- Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- Must possess a class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with double/triple and hazardous materials endorsement
- Must posses one (1) year experience within most recent three (3) years or successful completion of FedEx Freight Driver Development Course
- Must possess acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) based on hiring standards
- Must meet all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements under section 391 of the Federal Motor Carrier (FMC) regulations
- Long combination vehicles (LCV) (i.e. Triple Trailers, Rocky Mountain Doubles, and Turnpike Doubles) are operated in the states of AZ, CO, FL, ID, IN, KS, MT, ND, NV, OH, OK, OR, SD and UT. LCV Drivers in these states must meet the Long Combination Vehicles (LCV) Qualification and Certification Minimum Standards
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator
- Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
- Ability to lift/carry hand freight weighing up to 100 pounds several times a week.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, bend, twist, squat, climb in and out of truck
- Ability to follow instructions and complete required training
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
WORKING CONDITIONS :
- Drive throughout shift on all types of roads and in all types of weather
- Exposure to noise and vibration
- Exposure to dust and diesel fumes
- Exposure to hazardous materials shipped and packaged under DOT regulations
- Hours may vary due to operational need
FedEx Freight - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete...