Role Summary: Plan, direct, manage and oversee the activities and operations of project management; coordinate activities with other departments and outside agencies; assist staff in the development, design, construction, and implementation of municipal and capital projects; and provide highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Public Services Area Administrator.
Training and Experience: (position requirements at entry)
- Plans and lends a staff of highly skilled professionals and technical employees
- Oversees, directs and participates in major activities and programs of the Project Management department, including capital improvement project portfolio management affecting the operations of various City infrastructure, systems, and appurtenances, develops and recommends engineering standards and specifications, and is responsible for providing professional-level support to the Public Services Area Administrator in a variety of areas.
- Directs and supervises complex and politically-sensitive engineering and architectural programs
- Assists in short term and long term planning, development and administration
- Manages the development and administration of the project management annual budget and capital improvement budgets; directs the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; directs the monitoring of and approves expenditures; directs and implements adjustments as necessary.
- Makes presentations to a variety of boards and commissions; stays abreast of new trends and innovations in engineering and other types of public services as they relate to the area of the assignment; researches emerging products and enhancements and their applicability to City needs.
- Leads and coordinates public involvements in the projects.
- Other duties as assigned
Licensing Requirements: (position requirements at entry)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university with additional training in engineering, business management or legal aspects of construction process
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive civil engineering and project management practice.
- Professional Engineering License in the State of Michigan (PE)
American Public Works Association
- 3 years ago - save job