Develop and implement a comprehensive management plan for assigned strategic accounts, to include directing and coordinating all sales and marketing activities for all external and internal customers. Operate autonomously to implement and promote strategies regarding new business opportunities and/or expansion of existing opportunities. Develop and improve market knowledge, customer intimacy, marketing and sales strategies, customer relationship management, sales network management, and profitably growing the relationship across multiple regions/markets. The sales growth strategy focuses on three areas: protecting the core business, market share growth, and expanding into adjacent markets. This position focuses on relationship developed with all levels of customer decision makers, and provides support and feedback to internal Operations.
· Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
· 2+ Years Outside Account Management Experience (Required)
· 2+ Years Oilfield Service Industry Experience (Preferred)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Market and Customer:
- Understand markets, customer needs, and competitor landscape
- Analyze the market to identify key growth opportunities
- Maintain knowledge of competitor strategies, pricing, and general market activities
Competencies Required for Effective Performance:
- Management of Tesco Tubular Services sales support and new business development in applicable region(s)
- In conjunction with Operations, directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals with supporting metrics, scorecards and efficiency measures
- Responsible for achieving Revenue and Operating Income commitments
- Define, implement, measure, reconcile, and regulate sales strategies. Establish and maintain pricing structures for US regions
- Monitor external and internal environment for development of new market segments
- Assist in the promotion of services and in projecting yearly usage and revenue forecast
- Assist in or produce feasibility studies/business plans for new product development
- Manage current accounts, generate new leads, plan, organize & schedule sales visits to current and potential customers, negotiate and close deals
- Adjust content of sales presentations by studying the type applications and market the customer's products are in
- Develop and present quotes by referring to customer requirements, internal Engineering specifications and working with Tesco Operations
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports such as a monthly and annual territory analyses, as well as sales forecasts
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc
- Recommend changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Provide historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Physical Demands: (This will change depending on job)
Work Environment: (This will change depending on job)
- Requires the ability to stand up to ½ the time. Requires the ability to walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel over 2/3 of the time. Requires the ability to talk or hear more than 2/3 of the time
If you would like to join a team of global
leaders in the design, manufacture and service of technology based
solutions for the upstream energy industry, submit your resume in
confidence using the online application form, before
- Requires the ability to lift up to 25lbs less than 1/3 of the time. Requires close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Typically works in a moderately noisy, business office environment.
We conduct post offer drug/alcohol testing and have a zero tolerance policy. All
applicants are thanked in advance, but only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Tesco is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. F/M/D/V
Tesco, the world's fourth-largest grocery retailer and the UK's biggest retailer, runs over 5,000 stores in the UK. Its operations are...