Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - CADD
Job Title :
Civil CAD Drafter
Type of Position:
• High school diploma, plus vocational courses or Associate's degree.
• Minimum four years of industrial civil drafting or design experience including refineries, petrochemical/chemical plants, power plants or pipelines.
• Bachelor’s degree can substitute for four years of experience.
• Or AA in disciplinary field can substitute for two years of experience.
• Or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• Intermediate technical knowledge of drafting techniques and training in computer aided drafting (CAD) and spreadsheet software.
• Basic understanding of the purpose and use of vendor documents as reference for assigned tasks.
• Knowledge of codes, permits and software applications related to the discipline.
• Knowldege of process and preparing designs and drawings using project specifications, as well as discipline-associated written and verbal instructions in accordance with established design practices, standards and procedures.
• Under general supervision, performs a variety of drafting duties, including layout drawings and preparation of detailed blueprints, maps, charts and graphs.
• Prepares drawings in accordance with standard technical specifications and assists in design drafting of a simple nature
• Uses computer-aided drafting equipment, computer systems and software or conventional drafting stations, technical handbooks, tables, calculators, and traditional drafting tools, such as boards, pencils, protractors, T-squares, compasses, dividers, triangles and other drafting devices.
• Draws maps, diagrams and profiles, using cross-sections and surveys, to represent elevations, topographical contours, subsurface formations and structures.
• Drafts plans and detailed drawings for structures, installations, and construction projects such as highways, sewage disposal systems, and dikes, working from sketches or notes.
• Determines the order of work and method of presentation, such as orthographic or isometric drawing.
• Reviews rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other engineering data received from civil engineers to ensure that they conform to design concepts.
• May calculate excavation tonnage and prepare graphs and fill-hauling diagrams for use in earth-moving operations.
• Correlates, interprets and modifies data obtained from topographical surveys, well logs and geophysical prospecting reports.
• Determines quality, cost, strength and quantity of required materials.
• Continually upgrades technical knowledge and capabilities and pursues additional training.
• Advises supervisor of project status with respect to schedule, budgets, delays and adverse problems; and confers with engineering staff to resolve problems.
• May supervise, train and mentor other drafters and designers, and coordinate work within discipline group and other discipline groups on the project.
• Assembles documentation packages and produces drawing sets; and keeps proper files and records related to assigned design activities.
• Explains drawings to production or construction teams and provides adjustments as necessary, checking throughout project to ensure quality.
• Understands project scope and ensures designs are consistent with project technical requirements and scope, and works to specifications and discipline-associated instructions in accordance with established design practices, standards and procedures.
• Reviews completed construction drawings and cost estimates for accuracy and conformity to standards and regulations.
URS Corporation - 16 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...