Area of Interest:
Environmental & Infrastructure
The Shaw Group provides premier engineering, design, construction, and maintenance services to government and private-sector clients in a wide array of industries, including the energy, environmental, infrastructure, and emergency response markets.
Initially this position is principally related to the generation of As-Built Drawings for various clients and projects.
Long term, the successful candidate will assist our Senior Engineering Staff in a wide range of civil drafting and design related to transportation, infrastructure, power and/or industrial projects. Candidate must have a strong work ethic and eagerness to learn.
This position requires an Associates Drafting Degree or equivalent and five to ten years civil design and drafting experience. Candidates must demonstrate fundamental civil technical skills; the ability to plan his/her work, work independently, be able to efficiently multi-task and perform as a team member.
Working closely with our Engineering staff, the successful candidate will be responsible for producing a wide variety of civil engineering and construction documents, calculations, drawings, sketches and figures for Infrastructure, Transportation and Power projects. Candidate must demonstrate the ability to support a number of projects at the same time, by prioritizing CADD work requests and deadlines, be able to not only produce drawings him/herself but also work closely with other drafters, designers and engineers.
Candidates must have current CADD experience and a demonstrated ability to produce engineering, civil and construction drawing with minimal guidance from Engineers. Experience and training in both Autocad & Microstation platforms of CADD a plus and demonstrate a knowledge of civil design packages (Inroads and Land Development Desktop).
- Performing work from rough sketches, notes and/or CADD files with verbal instructions.
- Managing computer files, document standards and procedures while working with various Client and Public Agency and in-house drafting standards.
- With moderate supervision, Candidate must be capable of preparing the design drawings for roadways and roadway related structures.
- Developing site layout and grading plans.
- Demonstrate the ability to work within schedule deadlines and budget to make sure project commitments are kept.
Shaw Group - 14 months ago
The Shaw Group is one of the world's largest power plant engineering and construction contractors, as well as a top environmental...