LHB’s Minneapolis Office has an opening for a full time Civil Engineer. In this role you will perform activities related to the design of storm water management systems, earthwork, piped utilities and other site infrastructure in support of the Civil Engineering Group. We are seeking an Engineer who shares our passion for high quality design, loyalty to clients and a fast paced work environment. This position will serve as a member of an integrated design team and be responsible for coordinating civil design alongside other disciplines to meet project schedules and budgets. You will interact with clients, contractors and regulatory agencies. Clear and concise written and verbal communication is imperative.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare design documents for civil systems (land development, transportation, municipal, drainage, water and sanitary sewer design), including calculations, drawings and civil specifications
- Review preliminary and final plans and specifications for constructability and risk management
- Work with and mentor engineers in training assigned to projects
- Coordinate technical activities and designs with personnel in other disciplines and departments within the local and Duluth office locations; serve as a liaison between senior engineer and design team
- Assist the senior project civil engineer in preparing the conceptual, preliminary and final design and attends meetings with client to coordinate various design activities and is responsible for providing material lists for quotations.
- Construction observation and documentation
- Assist with other duties assigned by Senior Project Civil Engineer and Civil Engineering Group Leader
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 3-10 years of experience in discipline within the A&E industry
- EIT required, PE preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with department personnel and office staff; must possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Project Management experience preferred
- Proficient with Civil 3D
- Experience in storm water management and permitting preferred
- Must be detail oriented and efficient in problem solving
- Must have interest in land development and site design
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for our design leadership and loyalty to clients. LHB goes beyond good intentions and focuses on measurable performance. We are experts in: public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, education, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. LHB provides community planning, and designs systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, transportation infrastructure and buildings. We create performance-based design; utilizing high performance guidelines including ENERGYSTAR and LEED, and measuring success with Performance Metrics™. LHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
LHB - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard -
LHB's Pipeline/Utilities Group offers engineers and technicians working together to create a comprehensive approach to your project, thus...