At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 11,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
Our Los Angeles office is seeking a Civil Engineer to join our growing infrastructure projects. The hired candidate will join a dynamic and motivated team working in a truly multi-disciplinary environment.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the interactions with associated disciplines including: geotechnical engineering; traffic engineering and multi-modal transportation analyses; urban planning; cost estimating; building engineering (structural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing); architecture; and landscape architecture
• Prepare and review drawings and specifications documenting the systems designed including grading, drainage, utilities and street improvement plans.
• Prepare Scheme Design, Design Development and Construction Documents
• System design calculations, including storm water system design in accordance with the
ounty of Los Angeles Hydrology Manual.
• Technical and Design Report writing
• Coordinate work with engineers of other Arup disciplines and design firms
• Attend meetings with clients, agencies, and stakeholders to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them
• Supervise design team activities during design stages and Construction Administration
Assist with the management of projects
• Responsible for quality of work output
• Qualified professional with a minimum 3-5 years of experience working on infrastructure projects
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering; Masters Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering is preferred
• PE license in the State of California preferred
• Experience in AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microstation, and Inroads is preferred
• Excellent communication skills essential for team-based working, client/public presentations and written output
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
• Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
• Sound knowledge of engineering fundamentals and attention to detail
Arup - 8 months ago
Things always look up for Arup Group, a global design and business consulting firm. The company provides engineering, architectural, and...