Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 11,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
Our San Francisco office is looking for a Civil Engineer to contribute to a variety of exciting highway, roadway, rail, site development and other infrastructure projects. The hired candidate will join a dynamic and motivated team working in a truly multi-disciplinary environment.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Undertake highway, railway, and roadway design on large scale infrastructure and integrated site development projects.
• Develop low impact transportation, grading, utility, and stormwater design strategies for sustainable infrastructure and site development projects.
• Prepare and review drawings, specifications and calcuations.
• Prepare Scheme Design, Design Development and Construction Contract Documentation.
• Technical and design report writing.
• Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines.
• Visit project sites during construction.
• Minimum 2-6 years of experience working highway, railway, roadway, or other infrastructure projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering; Master’s degree in Civil Engineering is preferred.
• EIT, PE license preferred.
• Working knowledge in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Microstation, and InRoads.
• Strong communication skills essential for team-based working, client/public presentations and written output.
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment.
• Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
• Sound knowledge of engineering fundamentals and attention to detail.
Arup - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Things always look up for Arup Group, a global design and business consulting firm. The company provides engineering, architectural, and...