Alfred Benesch & Co., a multi-disciplined civil, structural, geotechnical and environmental engineering firm has an immediate opportunity for an entry level civil engineer in our Boston, MA Office.
Design Engineer position working on current projects that include roadway, traffic, and bridge design throughout Massachusetts. A recent college graduate or 2-3 years of experience is preferred. Engineer in Training Certification required, with a desire to obtain P.E. in future.
The candidate must have a B.S. in engineering or related discipline. Experience in AASHTO and MassDOT standards a plus. Candidate will have interest in drainage, roadway and site design using AutoCAD.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Skill & Knowledge:
- Collect and assimilate data
- Perform basic analysis of project elements
- Conduct design of project elements
- Draw design details
- Compute quantities
- Coordinate drafting of an element
- Layout a drawing for a specific element
- Check mathematical calculations
- Write meeting minutes
- Assist team by performing miscellaneous design work
- Organize design & correspondence files
- Good grasp of engineering fundamentals
- Basic knowledge of appropriate software
- Basic knowledge of applicable codes & standards
- Basic understanding and use of CADD
- Competent use of Microsoft Office products
- Basic writing skills
- Aptitude to work independently
Benesch designs complex highway interchanges, major river bridges, parking structures and structural systems for high-rise buildings. We...