Borrego Solar Systems, Inc seeks a Civil Engineer with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in site development and permitting for our Lowell, MA office. The candidate will work with a team of design engineers, project managers and engineering consultants to review and design, prospective commercial, government and utility solar PV projects ranging in size from 1MW to 50MW (8 acres/MW).
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction and education. We promote from within and are looking for career minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing photovoltaic industry. We offer great pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
- Competitive base salary
- Paid health insurance
- Self managed flexible work schedules and time off policies
- 401K plan with company match
Position Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Minimum 10 years full-time experience
- PE License in MA and willingness to become licensed in other states as needed
- Must have a strong understanding of all relevant codes including a demonstrated experience with the entitlement process.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with project managers, clients, consulting engineers, design, and technical personnel as well as manufacturing partners
- Must be open minded, creative, and possess the ability to modify and expand theories to find creative solutions within the confines of the code
- Must be confident; must possess the ability to substantiate code interpretations and mathematically prove design concepts
- The successful candidate must be a high energy, resourceful and organized engineering professional. The ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects is a must.
- Experience drafting or reviewing engineering services contracts
- Solid written and oral communication skills are a must
- Ability to effectively communicate design concepts and lead meetings between clients, project engineers, code officials and third party consultants
- Computer proficiency - civil design software, MS Office, Salesforce etc.
- Experience with cost estimation of designs
- Experience developing projects at the local, State and Federal level
- Passionate about solar energy
- Balance due diligence efforts with projects risks for continued development of pipeline projects for Borrego Solar.
- MEPA and NEPA experience
- Work with the Resources Group assisting in the development of standard details, notes, and specifications, and reviewing design drawings prepared by in-house designers.
- Coordinating the proposal and work of geotechnical and survey partners.
- Coordinating wetlands, cultural and historical specialists, arborists etc
- Managing the planning board and zoning board process for multiple projects in multiple states.
- Attending meetings with local planning/zoning boards as well as meetings with state agencies and other entities.
- Presentations to Borrego’s executive and investment groups regarding pipeline projects and status.
- Implementing Quality Control for the civil component of our projects.
Borrego Solar Systems, Inc. specializes in commercial and public sector turnkey, grid-connected solar electric systems. With over 25 years...