Bowman Consulting Group is seeking an experienced Engineer for our Virginia Beach, VA office.
Bowman Consulting delivers real estate, energy and infrastructure solutions to public and private markets throughout the country. A focused growth strategy has allowed Bowman to more than double in size over the last three years, operating twenty offices nationwide with a leading-edge staff of over 400. We have our sights set on doubling again in the next few years, further increasing our value to our clients. This growth strategy, along with outstanding client relationships, enables Bowman to anticipate the needs of the marketplace and respond to its demands through new service offerings, locations and solutions. Bowman is an adept and energetic firm with a results-oriented attitude. We focus on exceeding expectations and give our clients peace of mind by providing exceptional service.
We offer the depth of resources that one expects from a large design firm. At the same time, we operate with a degree of flexibility typically found only in boutique firms. Led by many of our fields' most respected professionals, we attract and retain the industry's best and brightest.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field required
- Professional Engineer (PE) licensure in the State of Virginia required
- Minimum 6-10 years’ experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects and a project team.
- Thorough understanding of financial principles.
- Excellent organization and writing/oral communication skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain close liaison with clients to resolve all project questions, such as, but not limited to, technical requirements, completion requirements and billing inquiries.
- Review with manager all project changes, pending or anticipated alterations to the contract, additional work requests, and all other factors, which may significantly affect staffing requirements or budget.
- Supervise work of all project personnel to ensure that it meets the highest professional standards.
- Coordinate with other internal departments to meet project requirements.
- Define the scope of assigned projects and develop plan to accomplish projects. Monitor progress toward deliverable schedules. Compile project status reports.
- Review job cost sheets and prepare monthly billings. Ensure assigned projects stay within budget allocation.
Bowman Consulting is one of the fastest-growing engineering firms in the mid-Atlantic region. Established in Fairfax in 1995 with an initial...