We are seeking an experienced Senior Civil Engineer to join our team; the ideal candidate would perform all civil engineering duties and activities required for the civil and structural design of a project. We are looking for an experienced individual that wants new challenges, career growth and team collaboration. We require extensive knowledge of concrete and steel structural engineering. Proven ability to lead a team of engineers in the successful completion of projects is a plus!
- Supervise civil project team and coordinate all projects including civil and structural activities to ensure on time completion
- Assign tasks to civil design team based on project need
- Work with civil project team to create or modify all civil and structural design documents
- Ensure civil team is using project specific standards and that the design effort is progressing in the most efficient manner possible
- Develop steel and foundation detail drawings
- Apply civil engineering application software for the design of structural steel, foundations and site preparation
- Perform engineering and design functions as necessary to meet project schedules
- Communicate and coordinate project activities with customer representatives, project team, and management
- Ensure civil team applies OSHA regulations, engineering standards and company design standards.
A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited University is required.
Ideally the candidate will be a licensed "PE" professional engineer. If the "PE" is registered in a state other than where the engineer will practice, the employee must be able to obtain a license within one year of date of hire.
A minimum of ten years of direct civil engineering experience and proven civil engineering knowledge in concrete and steel structural engineering is required.
At Dow, we are harnessing the power of science and technology to improve the lives of people around the world. To recognize their outstanding efforts and contributions, we offer a total rewards package which is considered top tier in our industry. Dow offers:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding steel and concrete design
- Extensive knowledge of structural analysis
- Strong knowledge of common engineering application software - STAAD
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of engineering standards including ANSI, AISC, ACI and IBC
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA and NFPA 101
- Site development and drainage design experience is a plus
- Previous project management and or PMP certification experience is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of civil and structural design documents and drawings necessary to complete a project
- Supervising the Civil project team in a technical work environment
- Knowledge of computer programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Communicating effectively with co-workers, vendors, clients, etc.
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance and shares company, business or functional success
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities in a rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work on global teams and colleagues around the world and in different locations
The Dow Chemical Company - 12 months ago
Dow combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving...