NorthStar Engineering is a multi-disciplinary engineering, land surveying, and environmental firm specializing in municipal infrastructure design, land development, onsite waste water systems, land surveying, environmental consulting, planning and development permit processing, and building design. Established in Chico, California since 1983, our staff includes land surveyors, civil engineers, environmental planners, biologists, technicians, GIS experts, LEED accredited professionals, and administrative personnel.
- Work under the general supervision of an Associate level and above engineer to manage projects, including client contact, project estimating, contract preparation, budgeting, and billing.
- Perform a variety of advanced engineering tasks, increasing in scope and difficulty as knowledge and experience are gained.
- Responsible charge of work performed including stamp and sign prepared documents under the supervision of an Associate level and above engineer.
- Prepare calculations, plans, maps, details and specifications for review by an Associate level and above engineer.
- Prepare applications and documents.
- Meet with clients, contractors, agencies, and others.
- Limited marketing, including preparation of proposals and contracts.
- Supervise, train, and mentor Technicians, & Junior Engineers/Surveyors.
- Perform job-site visits.
- Construction inspection.
Experience: Two years of professional engineering experience. Possession of a California PE licensure is required. The applicant should demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the process associated with the development and relationship of Plans, Specifications, Estimates and Bid Documents. Experience with municipal / public works plan development is preferable.
Basic knowledge: Proficiency in the use of personal computers, word processing software, AutoCAD Civil3D, hydraulic and hydrologic software as appropriate. Ability to make complex computations and to check plans, calculations, details, and specifications. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. A working knowledge of appropriate codes and regulations is required. Knowledge in some or all of the following areas is desired; erosion and sediment control (QSD), SWPPP preparation, ADA, water resources.
Physical Demands: Work is performed mostly in office settings. Some outdoor work is required and the employee is required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move heavy objects. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions that are hot, cold and/or wet. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious positions. The employee is occasionally exposed to traffic, hazardous plants, insects, reptiles, and animals.
All applicants should send a resume, cover letter and portfolio/work samples.