The San Francisco office is seeking a civil and highway design engineer who will have a dual focus in both design and project controls. Responsibilities include civil and highway related design tasks from small to large scale highway and transportation projects including geometric studies, preliminary engineering, final engineering plan production, drainage design, hydrology studies, construction staging, quantity calculations, estimates, and other related engineering duties. This position will also assist a Project Controls Manager in development and maintenance of project controls related data analysis and reporting systems. These include but are not limited to budgets, scheduling, change control, cost control, and earned value analysis. The position may also be responsible for
Specific responsibilities for this position will include assisting with the following:
This position will have the opportunity to assist in the development of project management processes, systems and reports to facilitate improved decision making based on an efficient flow of accurate data.
- Geometric design, including development of alignments, profiles, typical sections, construction details for a variety of transportation projects
- General cost control and reporting
- CPM Scheduling
- Project level change control and reporting
- Cash flow preparation
- Earned value reporting
- Weekly and monthly reporting
- A minimum 5 years of experience in civil engineering design, project controls, or a related discipline is required.
- Familiarity with Caltrans project development and cooperative agreement procedures.
- The candidate is required to have a good understanding of civil engineering principles and practices.
- Experience and knowledge regarding the use of Micro station and GEOPAK engineering software is preferred.
- Must possess advanced computer skills and be knowledgeable of current industry project controls software, specifically Primavera and Excel.
- This engineering position requires a B.S.C.E. from an accredited University or College. A California PE certification is preferred, or must be obtained within six months from date of hire.
- Project management certification is a plus.
- Ability to work in this country immediately required.
Parsons Brinckerhoff is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V)
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leader in developing and operating infrastructure around the world, with approximately 14,000 employees dedicated...